Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Stretch marks?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stretch marks?
NoUseForAUserName
Neophyte
Member # 2653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoUseForAUserName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are guys grossed out by stretch marks? THis is basically the only reason I wont have sex with my boyfriend...Im too worried about what he'll think...HELP!
Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your boyfriend won't have sex with you because of stretch marks, he is not worthy.

Everone has stretch marks, probably even your boyfriend. They're a part of life, and there is no way to get rid of them. They'll fade with time, but you're stuck!

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

[This message has been edited by pink (edited 02-07-2001).]

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoUseForAUserName
Neophyte
Member # 2653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoUseForAUserName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not that he wont have sex with me..I know he wants to..but IM worried. Not him..ME.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about it hun, stretch marks are completely normal. You're not going to gross him out or anything like that. Just think about how thrilled he's going to be to even be getting to see you without your clothes anyway! I bet he'll feel like the luckiest man on earth that you trust and love him enough to want to share this with him! As Hanne is so fond of saying, "Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!"

And while you're hanging around here...check out the Readiness Checklist and the other articles linked to it.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 02-07-2001).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVERYONE or almost everyone has stretch marks. They're nothing to be ashamed about! If your boyfriend is going to dump you over some silly marks on your skin, then he's not the kind you want for a boyfriend.

Even guys get stretch marks. They're normal and I like to think that mine give me character! I used to be really self concious about the ones on my butt, but I realized that nobody cares about my stretch marks!

Try to accept yourself and think of them as not stretch marks, but beauty marks!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stretch marks aren't any different from moles or scars. It's all a natural part of your body. I highly doubt he'll freak out about it. If he does, then he hasn't seen too many women who haven't been airbrushed and put into a centerfold.

I think you have a greater concern than stretch marks to think about. If you're not comfortable with your body then having sex may not be the greatest of ideas. Or should I put it this way, if you are not comfortable with your boyfriend seeing your body, then I doubt you are ready to have sex with him. Please check out the Readiness Check link.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by negative*nancy (in this lovely thread):
wear them with pride... like a zebra should!

And I wholeheartedly agree.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-08-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL for Nancy!

Actually, I have a kind of funny story about this.

When I was about 12, I noticed I had some stretch marks at where my hips where starting to become apparent. I didn't know that's what they were, though. Because I'm Latina and I have olivey skin, they looked lighter, and I thought they were brindle stripes, like horses and dogs and tortoiseshell cats have...

I think I really did think I was turning into a zebra!

I thought they were pretty, though, and it was only some time later that I found out that I "wasn't supposed" to.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*pssst!* He probably has some stretch marks too!
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OperationIVY
Neophyte
Member # 2690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OperationIVY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ewww, stretch marks, thats the reason i dont like my thighs/hips..... it makes me feel a little depressed but oh well everyone has em

------------------
"those seconds reveal that the momentum that drives a subculture is more important than any particular band. The momentum is made of all the people who stay interested and keep their sense of urgency and hope" ~jesse (opivy)

Posts: 15 | From: ? | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.