Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my bums toooooo big!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my bums toooooo big!!
Aleena69
Neophyte
Member # 15945

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Aleena69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi

I have this problem with my body, especially the middle part of my body!! its just not fair, my bum is really big and i hav a bulgy stomach, its not saggy or jelly-like its actually toned because i try to do regular exercise, but the thing is no matter what i do i cant get rid of my FAT BUM!!!
My boyfrend likes my figure but sometimes he teases me about my bottom- in a jokey sort of way, but it really gets to me!
im 16, i try to eat healthy but every now and then i eat some chocolates or somthing that isnt very healthy, i just dont know what to do??? sometimes my friends and family even tease me about it and i myself feel fat. im 5'4 and weigh around 8 and 1/2 stones. my boyfriend says that im just really curvy (which he likes alot)and alot of the guys around school call me J.Lo (which cold be a complement) but when i see soo many girls of my age or older really skinny it makes me feel bad, i dnt like diets because i dnt like starving my self but that seems like the only option for me to loose this fat around my waist.

i often talk to my boyfriend abouyt this issue and he understands me, hes always trying to make me feel better by telling me that he loves me just the way i am and he never wants me to change. what should i do?

thank you...

Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a female human being, it's normal for you to tend to store your body fat round your belly, thighs and buttocks. Some women are naturally "curvier" than others, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Weight on its own is not a very good measure of your health (muscle weighs more than fat, for a start). But for what it's worth, WebMD says your body mass index is well within the "normal" range.

And if you exercise regularly and eat healthily most of the time, it sounds like you're in great shape. Sure, it's bad for you to live on nothing but chocolate and junk food, but eating it every now and then certainly won't hurt you.

You're right, starving yourself is a bad, bad option (and those "really skinny" girls? I'd bet some of them have eating disorders).

It sounds like what you need to do is talk to your boyfriend and your friends and family about not teasing you - they may well not realize how uncomfortable it's making you.

And enjoy your curves! I'd say if people are calling you "J. Lo", that's definitely a compliment (okay, she made some really bad movies, but you know what I mean ).

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 12-20-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tantilizin
Activist
Member # 8074

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tantilizin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hunnie, don't worry about your "bottom".
I get called Shakira all the time. Cus i'm super cruvy...guys really like that actually. I mean it's not all good to be skin and bones right? I say love what you have and use it to its fullest potential. So you have nice curvy body. I say, better for you and me! Cus i ALWAYS fit any type of clothes perfectly. SO LOVE YOUR BUM! ok!
it's good to be curvy!

------------------
baby you're all that i want when your lying here in my arms, i'm finding it hard to believe we're in heaven, and love is all that i need and i found it there in your heart, it isn't to hard to see, we're in heaven~

Posts: 43 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second (or third?) the LOVE YOUR BUM! My skater's butt was my crowning glory, and now since I haven't skated in several months, I've completely lost it. I WANT MY BUM BACK!

And as a really skinny (and almost shapeless ) woman, I definitely wish I had some curves. But ah well, we'll have to be happy with what we have, right? Br proud!

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to be curvy, and it's good to be skinny, and it's good to be all shapes and sizes in between, as long as you're healthy. Jayne Mansfield looked great with her hourglass-figure, Twiggy was stick-thin and awfully cute, and all sorts of other women are sexy just the way they are. It's not like there's one type that's better than others, and variety is a big part of what makes people so interesting.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

. . .Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aleena69
Neophyte
Member # 15945

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Aleena69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow!!! thankyou soooo much for the comments they have really made me feel alot better about my curves, im starting to feel really good about myself!!

its just that im curvy but alot of gilrs are skinny and maybe they do have eating disorders but it seems normal for girls to be skinny but if a girl is just a little bigger or curvier its doesnt seem normal, i really like my figure but i just wonder why girls want to be sooo skinny in the first place??

well anyway thankyou very much for ur great influence!!! i really do feel great especially to know that there are many people who like curves!!!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
its just that im curvy but alot of gilrs are skinny and maybe they do have eating disorders but it seems normal for girls to be skinny but if a girl is just a little bigger or curvier its doesnt seem normal, i really like my figure but i just wonder why girls want to be sooo skinny in the first place??

Well, some girls are naturally skinny, just as some girls are naturally curvy.

The problem is that society and the media often send out the message that skinny is "normal", and skinny is how all girls are "supposed" to be, and that only skinny girls can be sexy or attractive (even though, as you've found out, plenty of people think curves are very sexy indeed).

And sadly, a lot of girls internalize those messages, and end up behaving in really unhealthy ways to try and get to a weight which isn't natural or healthy for them.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.