Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Vulva

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vulva
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, out of nowhere my whole vulva, my labia and all, are all red, and itchy, and kind of burny... that's pretty much it, theres no abnormal discharge and the like... so whats up? it feels kind of like a rash, and I've been putting on vaseline to kind of relieve the pain, which helps pretty well, but I don't think that will make it go away? what should i do?
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Celery, you have been here long enough to know that we can't diagnose you over the internet. We are not doctors, nor can we examine you to make a guess at what it could be.

There are a plethora of possible answers here, it could be an STD, it could be an infection, or you may have come into contact with something which didn't mix with the sensitive skin around your genitals. In short, if it is burning and itching, get to a doctor and have it checked out. Only they can tell you what it is and look at prescribing you something the relieve the itch.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, babe, would that maybe be 'cause of the ultrasound? you might have had a reaction to the lube that was used.
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, stop using that vaseline, it's not really the best thing for your girl parts. Some aloe gel should be quite safe (choose the kind without alcohol), but puttign a grease on might lead to an (additional?) infection, which is the last thing you need now.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Better living through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I stopped putting n vaseline, and it's not really itchy and red anymore, its more like dry and and peely!! should i just put some aloe vera on the area? also, i've been on Tri-Phasil for almost a month now, i'm going to be starting my green pills tomorrow (the placebo pills). anyways i was on my period for at least 25 days, then it kind of stopped but to this day i still have some spotting and kind of irregular discharge... but the doctors haven't called back from that ultra sound and transvaginal thing ( ican't remember the name sorry!)

what should i do??

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
use the aloe vera. it'll help moisturize your vulva. you can choose to wait for your doctor to call with your results, or if it's relly bothering you, call them.

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.