Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » what should i do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what should i do?
-Dust-
Activist
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Dust-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am going through a period of time right now where i have some very mixed feelings. i want to be sexually active, but...im not sure if im emotionally ready for it, or emotionally ready for what may happen afterward. i know im supposed to get these "cravings" for sex, but im not sure if i want to continue to ignore them. i dont want to "regret" anything but im not sure if ill even regret it. what am i supposed to do?
Posts: 63 | From: Virginia, U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MASTURBATE.
Very simple, right? Yes, the cravings are normal, but if you have any doubts, don't do it. Kudos for thinking it over, and knowing that you aren't ready. So, listen to yourself. If you don't feel you're ready then don't do it.

------------------
Yeah, well I'VE got blood dripping out of a hole between my legs, do YOU?!?
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, we're having a thread very similar to this one in another topic. You might find it helpful to read it, so here's a pointer that will take you directly to it: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000074.html

Good for you for thinking it through. I think you may find that often, when we crave sex, we're craving a lot of things -- not just sexual activity. Thinking through what you're craving can help you satisfy those cravings a lot more effectively.

As for whether or not you're ready for sex, here's where to find our handy-dandy Are You Ready For Sex? checklist... http://www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/readiness.html

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiteangel
Neophyte
Member # 2218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whiteangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if you have the feeling then do not rush into them. and if you do not want regrets then just make sure the person you are with is the one you love.
thats what my girlfriend did and it makes it a lot better. if you feel like you are not ready then chances are you are not. just let your body and mind tell you when its time.

Posts: 11 | From: canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get cravings all the time! But they're only about once every 2 or 3 months. I guess you deal or do somthing about it Hey it's normal, I don't know who doesn't think about it like a "craving"!

------------------
**i stop and i stare too much, afraid that i care too much**

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcb3
Activist
Member # 528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcb3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at your post..
You've made a few points that are very important in making your decision.

1)"I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready for it"

2)"I'm not emotionally ready for what may happen afterward"

If you have even the slightest doubt that you're not 100% ready for it in all aspects, it's simple—don't do it.

When you're sexually active, you have to be responsible. That responsibility entails taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally.

If you think there's a possibility of sex causing conflict in your life (even with your own thoughts and feelings), I think you know what to do.

------------------
~Breanna
mick3yschick@aol.com

Psst..Hey you ;o) Check out my **Photos Page**

Posts: 53 | From: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have to ask, you're not ready ...

There should be no doubt in your mind that this is what you want to do. Have it planned out what you want to happen and who you want it to be w/. If it happens spontaniously, it might be great, but things may not turn out the way you want. You have the rest of your life for sex, don't rush into it right now.

Having sex too early in a relationship can screw things up ... seriously. You need to make sure yo'ure both ready and 100% prepared for the concequences (ie. babies, STD's, STI's, emotional ups and downs)!!

And it's alright if your first time doesn't work out exactly how you planned. I know mine didn't ... I'm happy about who i was w/ and everything, but i totally didn't expect it to happen that nite, and it wasn't planned at all. There's one time that sticks out in my mind vividly, but it wasn't my first ... weird huh?

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was honest, I'd say the first time for me was a flop. It was sweet and touching...but as far as that goes, it was no more intimate or caring than the first time I kissed her.

------------------
Ask not why dogs sniff each others butts...
Ask instead why you do not!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are asking us these questions, I would wait. Im 16 and can barely handle my own cravings. I havent been a virgin for awhile, and the first time came up as a total spur of the moment thing and wasnt very romantic at all.

Best advice, to think it through and when you dont have to keep trying to answer all those questions and feel more comfy about it..go for it! After awhile, it gets QUITE fun!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.