Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » This could be trouble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This could be trouble
Angel8484
Neophyte
Member # 1711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel8484     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well okay--I have read lots of the boards and i have read many of the ones concerning blow jobs. They all say to use a condom and to not swallow. Well I didn't follow those guidelines. My boyfriend and I have never had any other sexual parteners. So could i still have gotten any stds or diseases? I am starting to get worried, but now there is nothing i cna do to change the fact, because I have given him a bj more than once. But I don't understand how i could have gotten any stds if none of us have ever been sexually active before--and we have not had sex either. So is there a chance I could have an std??

Posts: 7 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about saying that you both have never been sexually active before, is that you can't know that for sure. It's nice to believe the person that you're in a relationship is telling you the truth, but until you have those test results -- twice --you really can't tell for sure (and even then, some doubt remains).
Yes, it's possible that you picked up an STD or disease (incidentally, those are sort of the same things -- the 'd' in std stands for disease), yes, you should probably get yourself tested, and yes, you might want to avoid doing this sort of thing in the future.
If neither of you have been sexually active before, there are still other things that one of you could have done to pick up a disease somewhere along the way. But, frankly, I think that if you both have never been sexually active before, it's somewhat unlikely that either of you have that much to worry about.
Still, you can't be sure, and you might wat to take steps toward being sure, by getting a test done.

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS use a condom! you only have one body so take care of it! and thats all i have to day on the topic
~*~Katelin~*~

------------------
"Put ur hand in mine, I will slap ur sweet behind"---2+gather my fav boy band LOL

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember not all STD's are transmitted sexually. Like HIV and such, some can be there from birth, y'know? But if you KNOW that you and your partner don't have STD's then there isn't anything you can get. But to know you'd usually need at least 2 STD tests.

Hey, take Mz Scarlet for an example. She and her HUSBAND have both tested clear and they're monogomas and married and they still use condoms. Better safe then sorry!

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel8484
Neophyte
Member # 1711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel8484     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I know that none of us have been sexually active for sure. Cuz we were each others first kiss. And none of our parents have any stds. But is there still a risk??
Posts: 7 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While STDs can be transmitted by sexual activity, there's also other ways that they can be transmitted. They're just called STDs because the most common way that they're trasnmitted is through sexual activity.

For example, herpes ximplex (either oral or genital herpes) can be transmitted through skin to skin contact, particularly if it's mucous membranes or if you have broken or infected skin (like a small cut.) YOu can also transmit yeast and bacterial infections through skin to skin contact.

Miz Scarlet has a great article that details all of the various STDs and their symptoms and risks at http://www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/health_index.html (click on the STDs link.)

I wouldn't worry too much about what's happened in the past, but hey, using condoms and getting tested for STDs is a good way to keep yourself from worrying in the future!

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.