Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » ants in my pants?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ants in my pants?
Fit Claire
Neophyte
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fit Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the opening of my bum hole has been itchy and irritating for a little while and i wanna know whats up.
does anyone know what this could be?

Posts: 14 | From: west Midlands, uk | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Irritated skin, a need for a bath, worms. You really should see a doctor.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF

Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
milke's right, but i'll throw out one more possibility. Hemorrhoids. They will make your butt itch. they have a second symptom, and that's bleeding during defecation. so if you have both, then it can be hemorrhoids.

------------------
mundi faece repletum

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pinworms...my sister had them as a kid...no biggie....head to a doc and he/she will clear it up...whatever it may be
Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pin worms are super common. They usually act up at night. Pin worms are treated with over the counter medication here in Canada, along with washing the sheets in super hot water. To determine if you have pin worms you need to 'catch' them. I read in my parenting book that you can put some double sided tape on the end of a stick (I am guessing maybe a new, clean popsicle stick) and touch around the anus with it. You have to do it at night though, after you have been resting for a bit. My mom used to come into our rooms in the middle of the night and check our bums for them whenever we complained about it. There is tonnes of info on pin worms out there.
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.