Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Name Change

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name Change
Jill Valentine
Activist
Member # 106719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill Valentine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I just want to say this site (and its forum) is beyond amazing. I used to think Yahoo! Q&A was the only place I could go to with my sexual health related questions, and get incredibly disappointed whenever my questions were met with trolls, half-assed responses or no responses at all.

I'm reading through all the guides, articles, etc. Scarleteen has to offer, and it's really put my mind at ease when it comes to sex and pregnancy issues, so a big thank you to the people who made the effort to compile this information for the rest of us.

As for my question, which I hope is being posted in the right section, how often can we change our displayed name (just asking out of curiosity, I don't intend on changing it often) and will it need approval before the new name takes effect?

Is there also a way I can check whether a name I want has already been taken by another member?

I signed up with a pretty much random displayed name. It's good to know that it can be changed, but I honestly never gave a second's thought to what name I'd use when I first came here. [Frown]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.