Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » My topic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My topic
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I posted a couple of questions under my topic "question" in Ask Scarleteen. Well, someone posted a question under mine, and I think mine was not seen. I didn't want to say that on the topic and be rude/mean.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maria: next time around, it's not rude to say that in your own topic.

Do you mean this question:

"Hey there... I have noticed some changes about my body. My nipples are dark, I've felt nauseous, my discharge has increased (no discoloration really), and for the first time in YEARS my waistline is changing... Like between my belly button and pubic area is rounded. I'm 100lbs so this is very noticeable. My bf noticed it as well. I had two periods and a negative test between the two periods (since my freakout about dry humping) and I started BC pills about two weeks ago. Could the above symptoms already be from the birth control? I don't know anyone really familiar with all this stuff to ask but you all.

My second question, though its kinda irrelevant now, but if you dry hump with one layer (maybe while the girl is naked) and the guy fingers her right after, is that a pregnancy risk? I've read the articles about fingering and dry humping with one layer not being risks themselves, but what about together?
Thanks "

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'll remember that, thank you. [Smile]

And yes, I did.

Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. [Smile]

Our bodies tend to be in a constant state of flux throughout our lives, but then there are times when those changes are more noticeable or bigger. And the years in and around puberty -- let;s say, on average, between age 10 and 25 -- tend to be biggies for that.

As well, some of what you're mentioning here are common side effects with hormonal methods of BC: nausea, breast changes, bloating.

Per your risk question, the risk doesn't change when you engage in two activities that don't pose risks versus one. Both those activities still don't present pregnancy risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Okay, thank you about that information.

I am usually not very big on medications, so when I have side effects it makes me kinda nervousy...

Can cramping also occur?

My doctor said I could start my med. the following Sunday (I went on Friday) but it would throw my period off a week. I was supposed to start around the 18th, but now I won't. This isn't dangerous is it? I mean when I start my inactive pills, a couple of days later people usually have a period right?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Maria,

No, there's nothing dangerous about starting your pillls then. Really, a person can start them any time. Yes, the withdrawal bleed happens at some time during the week of taking the inactive pills.

And yes, cramping can be a sie effect of taking the pill.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Thank you so much!
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're most welcome. And apologies for missing your question in your other thread.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Oh it's fine [Smile] things like that can happen. Y'all are busy!
So what if I miss this period? Is that rare and nothing to think about when starting pills?

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
It is common to have some irregular bleeding in the first few months after starting the pill. As you settle into it, you will get a bleed during your inactive/sugar pills.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.