Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » No longer have access to e-mail account I set up this account with

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No longer have access to e-mail account I set up this account with
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer have access to the e-mail account I set this account up with (I stopped using it quite a while ago and no longer know the password, infact I don't even remember which e-mail I used to set it up). How would I go about changing it to my current e-mail?

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can do that for you if you can email me the new email.

[ 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, is there some way I can do that from my account here or will I need to do that from my e-mail? And if so what's the e-mail address I can send it to and do you just want me to include my user name so you know it's me?

(And thank you very much).

Also, I feel the need to be honest because you have been so wonderful to me through all of my questions. When I set up my Scarleteen account, I broke the user agreement by giving you a fake name. The reason I don't have the e-mail account if because I quickly made a Hotmail account, opened the Scarleteen e-mail, clicked the link and promptly forgot the e-mail address and password. Honestly, I'm not even sure what name I gave you.

I'm so, incredibly sorry. I want to give you my real name and I want to right this wrong. I know I shouldn't have done that. It is fraudulent and unfair and breeches the user agreement that I made with you. I didn't know what an amazing site I had found, and I didn't know whether to trust the site with my name, so I made one up and have been unable to change it to my real name. But I know that that doesn't excuse it.

Please don't cancel my user account. That is the last thing that I want out of this. If you do however, I will understand why, I'll be devastated, but I'll understand why.

I am so, so sorry.

--------------------
~moonlight

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all totally okay, really. [Smile] Our users don't have to give us their names at all, all we ask is that they don't pretend to be someone they are not or falsify their birth years (especially since that can land us in legal hot water).

So, no worries.

At the bottom of this page is a link that says "contact us." That'll get you to the page where you can email us. Please do note your user handle here, otherwise I won't be able to know who it's from.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Oh thank-the-gods-I-don't-even-believe-in! Okay, will do.

--------------------
~moonlight

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.