Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » being ignored

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: being ignored
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 8 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
so why am i getting the feeling that I am ebing ignored? I have posted some things i NEED help from you guys and i keep getting ignored and not even read. why?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Diamond, we realize that you are in a tough spot right now and are feeling pretty vulnerable, but we do have to ask you to please accept the limitations of this service. We are staffed and run entirely by volunteers, and it is not always possible for us to answer every question as it comes in.

To boot, there are several threads currently active on the boards that you started, and where you have been having ongoing one-on-one conversations with volunteers. So the insinuation that we are not only not getting to you quickly enough but doing so on purpose is not only incorrect, but actually fairly dismissive of the amount of effort and care we have demonstrably put into our work with you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
I know and I am sorry. I know there are limites with this service and I understand that. I have been having a hard time lately and i am sorry. Please i did not mean anything by it :(

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, but we need to ask you, firmly, to stop.

Seriously: no more posts about how you're being ignored here, how no one cares about you. You need to take control of your posting here -- which you do have full control of -- and stop yourself from making posts that simply are not fair or reasonable.

(Also? You have no way of knowing what we're reading here, but all the same, if you look at your own posting history, you will notice that not only has every post you have made gotten a response, all your posts have usually gotten responses very quickly, far more quickly than even services with far more funding will often give with online services.)

Again, you have been given as much, if not more, care and service here than any other user. If you have needs that are not being met here with the high level of responsiveness you are getting, you need to take responsibility for getting those needs met from places -- likely in-person -- which can offer you what you need or work on meeting those needs yourself.

For the sake of managing our services and organization and making sure all users here get time, not just you, this is a last call on posts like this.

Next time, we will need to suspend your use of our services for a little while, because this simply isn't fair to other users, nor to keep asking us to go through with you again and again, okay? Thanks, and I hope we understand each other.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
i said i was sorry ok. I am sorry. I know your mad from the tone of what you have said. I am sorry I wlll take a break from posting. I dont know what else to do or say for you guys to believe me. What can i do?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not mad, I am setting a limit, the same limit I and some volunteers have tried to set with you before now. Saying no to someone doesn't mean someone is mad, nor does expressing frustration when someone is refusing to accept limits or seems to be trying to manipulate around them and when people are working very hard to serve someone but they claim they are not being served.

What you can do is exactly what I made clear: you can not make posts like these, specifically, here again.

You can recognize when what you are wanting to ask for is unreasonable and not make those kinds of posts, and you can acknowledge when the needs you have aren't the kind a service like this can fulfill, or fulfill at the level you want, and do what you can to take care of those needs yourself or via adding other services to help you.

Believing you are earnest about those things will easily occur when you do them.

I am not going to engage around this any more than I -- we - already have. I think I've been very clear, today, and with other posts like this from you in the past, about what limits these are, and how this isn't about anger or being sorry. It's simply about asking you to please aim to use this service within its limits and scope and not beyond them, and to elect not to try and emotionally push people here with hyperbolic statements about being ignored.

I'm closing this thread now, as I truly feel that if this conversation and others we have had like it recently about this dynamic does not make this clear, very little we say will. It's up to you whether you try to work within these limits or not, but I think it's very clear that if you continue to choose not to, the result of that will be a suspension of your use of our services.

[ 09-02-2012, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.