Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Heather = Hope

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heather = Hope
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Wrong section! Sorry!)

I just read her latest blog post on choice.

I've never respected anyone as much as I respect Heather.

What a wise, multi-talented, loving person. If you could see karma, there must be a halo around the whole world just from her.

Honestly, some of the stuff you've written has brought me to tears. Thank you for being the hope for young people worldwide, respecting them and thir diversity; thank you for being the voice of every survivor, thank you for making me laugh with your blog on the 'Big vagina! (with the interpretive dance), and, thank you for showing me this world of activism I always dreamed of being part of, but I have no idea it actually *existed*. I've found home! (And now I want to buy me a PUG!)

Hooray for Heather! And the wonderful Joey, who I recently referrenced in a essay - I hope you don't mind! (it was your Bisexuality and Homosexality Myths blog page [Smile] )

Go Super Heather! *hands coffee*

[ 01-22-2011, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rae, what completely lovely, humbling things to say. You just made my whole day, and I so appreciate you taking the time to be so gracious. [Smile]

(And the extra coffee!)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I absolutely don't mind your referencing my work. In fact, this is the first time that's happened and I'm pretty darn flattered. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Coffee with soya milk?

That's okay Joey - the info was fantastic! I'll post the mark I got when I get it! [Big Grin]

Discovering Scarleteen is like being a kid/young teenager again, I can be excited about sex without being wary of anything myogynistic in the text! Before this, it was like scurrying round the whole internet looking for tiny scraps of positive female sexuality and clinging on to them. You dames are like the monsoon after the drought, and sex is back - and fun again!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that. Heather and Scarleteen has been really incredible. I use to visit the site in last summer but didn't even post until months and months later.

Just amazing information that is clear, non bias and healthy--the way life should be!!!! I gained confidence in myself and my judgement and how to evaluate healthy situatons/relationships and what is sexual consent and how to feel comfortable and much much more! It has been amazing.

Thank you for giving me something extremely vital!

Posts: 357 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that. Heather and Scarleteen has been really incredible. I use to visit the site in last summer but didn't even post until months and months later.

Just amazing information that is clear, non bias and healthy--the way life should be!!!! I gained confidence in myself and my judgement and how to evaluate healthy situatons/relationships and what is sexual consent and how to feel comfortable and much much more! It has been amazing.

Thank you for giving me something extremely vital!

Posts: 357 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

I did that too breath, it just kept calling me back, and back...and then I had to read it all. Here were the answers upon answers at that I was burning for all my life, even things I though nobody would delve into except me, like sex differences not being 'hard-wired' in the brain. They were all so prettily set out too. Hours having panic attacks on the internet trying to find things, just gone literally overnight. No more rape myths. Scarleteen gave me a big chunk of healing, and changed the gender-fearing child inside me to a fierce, proud TIGER!

And, on top of that I ditched tampons for Lunapads and a mooncup and have never felt so altogether empowered.

[ 02-03-2011, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all are both so welcome.

(By the way, Rae, Jaclyn is a friend of mine and I sent her a link so she could see your sig line. It utterly made her day. [Smile] )

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Wow, should have guessed you were friends! Never completely made the connection...then again that's not much to go on, cause even though I know what you look like, in my head you're always Buffy lol.

I love Yes means Yes sooo much, the blog post on 'slut-shaming' and claiming 'sluthood' herself was legendary. So fantastically proud that I made her happy!

[ 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.