Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » No Answers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Answers?
averagejen
Activist
Member # 36400

Icon 5 posted      Profile for averagejen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If one of my questions wasn't answered (somebody asked a question after mine and it got answered; however mine remains unanswered), can I repost it on another board? Or should I wait a bit more? Thanks!

--------------------
:)

Posts: 93 | From: So Cal | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen: you never need our permission to go to another website and ask a question. Ask whatever you like wherever you like!

I did just get your question, and sorry for the delay. As you may have noticed in this area of the boards, there has been a notice up for a while regarding my having to take a third job, so while less than 24 hours is still mighty quick to have a question answered in, sometimes users may experience a bit more of a wait here from now on than you have in the past. My apologies, but that's just the way it goes.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey averagejen!

Scarleteen is made up purely of volunteers; while they are dedicated to helping people on this board, keep in mind that they have other obligations, too. You may have to wait at least a few days for a question to be answered, particularly if it's not an emergency.

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
averagejen
Activist
Member # 36400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for averagejen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! And Heather, I meant post it on another board on Scarleteen [Smile]

--------------------
:)

Posts: 93 | From: So Cal | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. Really, if it hasn't been answered in one forum, posting it in another doesn't make it any more likely.

When a question goes without a few answers for a day, it's usually simply because the volunteers who were around during that time didn't feel it was a question they knew the answer to, or was within an area of their expertise. So, it's just about waiting for someone to come around who does know the answer.

Every now and then, a post just gets plain old lost in the shuffle, but that really doesn't tend to happen very often, and when it does, someone will generally find it within a couple of days at a maximum. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.