Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » THANK YOU!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THANK YOU!!!!!
jbk
Neophyte
Member # 32679

Icon 14 posted      Profile for jbk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone associated with this site. I'm 47, my daughter is 13 and I was raised by the Last Living Puritan. Talk about a recipe for disaster. While my mother seemed to at least try to overcome her own somewhat odd upbringing and teach my sisters and I what we needed to know, most of what we got, we got on our own. (Sometimes being a research geek has amazing benefits. ;-) Still, there's a great deal I fumbled through (badly, as I recall) that I don't want my daughter to go through. Sadly, I don't really know how to help her except be there when she has questions and not shut her down with, I kid you not, "your prince will come". *shudder* (Thanks *so* much, Mom.) But as I'm reading through this site, I begin to have hope. If I'm lucky, I can convince her to sit down and go through some of the site with me, but, if not, the URL will, at least, be in her inbox.

Thanks again! In this ludicrous "just say no" age it's quite refreshing to see actual information made available to those who need it. To quote (or possibly paraphrase) one of the articles, "in order to make an informed decision, one must first *be* *informed*". Young men and women have a great capacity for looking out for themselves and for each other. We shouldn't be sending them out to interact with the world crippled by ignorance.

Posts: 1 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 30201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Young men and women have a great capacity for looking out for themselves and for each other. We shouldn't be sending them out to interact with the world crippled by ignorance."

Here, here!

Posts: 443 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, jbk!

And your plan of just being there when she has questions? Good plan. If she knows already she can come to you, and when she does, you come to it with the approach you've clearly got, I'm sure you'll do just fine. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tetris
Neophyte
Member # 33273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tetris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree. I can't really talk about this stuff with my mom and this is like everyone's mom on a big happy website just for me! I have a question, and I know the answer is here, unbiased and easy to find. You are my internet hero. I don't have to sift though junk I don't know if I can trust. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You are making the sex world a safer place for girls and women.

THANK YOU.

Posts: 23 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
selina
Activist
Member # 33376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for selina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everyone should be introduced to this site, its great
Posts: 94 | From: london | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.