Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » all old posts since 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: all old posts since 2000
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to see all the old posts since 2000? I would really like to read the old posts so I could learn more and know a little bit more how it works here. You know get the hang of things.

When I go in the archives, there doesn't seem to be every single old post in there. There are sometimes just like two pages (for example in the frequently asked questions). I tought since 2000 there would be far more posts. I don't know if I'm right or not. Did mods deleted some and just let the most important ones. I tought they didn't delete post(except post that didn't accord to guidelines or that was identical) in order to have an user's history or something like that)

Thanks.

[ 08-18-2006, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The search function will pull up older posts, or you can just go back in each forum and choose the option to view all posts.

But know that our traffic has increased substantially over the years: so, the first couple years of the boards generated far less posts than we see now, and yes, every couple of years, we sometimes go back and remove posts which are redundant, just to save space and help the boards not to get bogged down per page loads.

Also, bear in mind that all the forums we have now (sections of the boards) have not all been here since the start of the boards. So, for instance, Sex Basics has been here since the start, but Ask Scarleteen has not.

[ 08-18-2006, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68261 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I knew about the search function but I wanted to see like every posts by not having to do a specific search. But I know how to do it now ! [Smile]

[ 08-18-2006, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, you can edit your preferences (under the "my profile" link at the top right) so that each forum shows all topics. That way you'll be able to see every thead that's been made, unless it has been deleted, in that forum since the beginning.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.