Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Can't see full pages

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't see full pages
Hotbuttered101
Activist
Member # 5538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hotbuttered101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi...I'm having problems seeing the full posts. Let me explain. When I can see that someone has posted in an old topic (ie. the folder is red)I can read all the old posts , but when it comes to a certain point, all I see is the next persons name and a normally a long line of nothing. It's as if the page stops loading halfway through. I don't have this problem with new topics or even all the old topics, just with a few. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? Can anyone help? I hope this is the right section. Thank you.

------------------
'I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public.'-Dennis Rodman, well know basketball player and cross-dresser

'I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'-Voltaire, French philosopher

Posts: 86 | From: South Africa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might try to refresh the page, and if you happen to be using Internet Explorer, hold down the SHIFT key while you click the refresh button. This will force your computer to refresh the page. Other than that, I can't imagine why you'd have that problem. Although, I'm not the computer expert. Just try the SHIFT+Refresh thing, and if it doesn't work... hopefully someone else around here will have some clue how to fix it.

------------------
Tim

"Take sex for example. There's nothing funnier than the faces you people make mid-coitus." -- Metatron (Dogma)

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hotbuttered101
Activist
Member # 5538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hotbuttered101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried that often. Unfortunately, it doesn't help. Thank you, though.
Posts: 86 | From: South Africa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's most likely a problem with your browser or your computer. You might also try clearing both your memory and your disk cache, and making sure that you're running the most current version of your browser.

If those things don't help, then my next suggestion would be to consult a computer tech.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim..

So if you hold down the shift key it forces your comp. to refresh it? What does it matter if you just click refresh or right click and hit refresh? Or is it the same thing only a key command?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard somewhere (more than likely I was half-listening to TechTV) that sometimes, when you just hit refresh, your computer can just refresh to the version of the page it originally downloaded. My understanding was that your browser saves copies of pages you view so that when you choose to go back, the pages loads much quicker.

It's a plus, from what I understand, in most cases. Faster browsing is always a plus in my oppinion.

Unfortnatually, from what I understood, sometimes your browser saves a copy of the page with errors on it. And, when you just try to refresh, it loads that one back up.

That's my take, anyway. If any of the "computer experts" (you guys know who you are!) step in and say that I have no clue what I'm talking about, definantly defer to them.

------------------
Tim

"Take sex for example. There's nothing funnier than the faces you people make mid-coitus." -- Metatron (Dogma)

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hotbuttered101
Activist
Member # 5538

Thank you, Kathryn. It was my history. I cleared it and it works perfectly. Thanks everyone who tried to help. I feel like I'm in control again

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.