Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Editing the fliers...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Editing the fliers...
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to put Scarleteen fliers up in my school as soon and I get my printer back and I was wondering if I could add some color to the images or text? I want to make it stand out more and I think some color would help. Is that ok? Since I didn't create it, I don't want to edit it without permission.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll send Heather over to answer your copyright question, but how about printing it just in black and white and copying it on coloured paper?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keoki,

checked with boardmom, and she says that adding some colours is ok, as long as you don't change any text or content. Okie?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

oh, and while we're at it: Keoki, please make sure you ask before you hand or put out any fliers, ok? Just so that neither you nor ST gets in trouble.
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Alaska. I just wanted to add some color to where the title is at the top and where it says "Sex isn't deadly; ignorance is." It just helps it stand out more. I'm more likely to notice a flier with bright colors than just black and white.

I asked my principal if I could put some up in the school. I wrote a nice letter and included lots of resources, like the "About us" and "For parents" thing off the site. I also told about how it has helped me out and it's very well run. I did a really good job with the letter. Well, obviously, if I'm allowed to put them up. I'm allowed to put them in the bathrooms, health room, and something in a newsletter. I have to look into that one more.

Oh, and I would never change around the words to the flier. I love Scarleteen just the way it is. Go Scarleteen!!

------------------
Useless Crap

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 14 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, sweeto, and faboo that you have such a cool principal - looks like you did a great job in convincing him! Yay to you!

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey keoki_14,
could i possibly get a copy of that letter, just as a guide, because i would like to write one myself, and as a generally quiet girl, i'm not quite sure how to start.

------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Haha, my principal is cool? I'm just an excellent persuader, and she knows that I'll just go to higher authority of she says no.

And Celtic Daisy, I'll email the letter to you. I have your email from your website.

Oh, Alaska... Faboo is such a cool word! Heh, I'm going to say it all the time now.

------------------
Useless Crap

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Keokie, hon, why don't you put your letter up here, too, just as an inspiration for anyone who might to the same?

It worked, so you must have done something right, hon!

(and faboo is a good word, isn't it?)

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

No problem-o. I will gladly post my letter. I'll just put it here and you can move it to a different forum if needed.

Dear (principal),

I am a 10th grader at (school) and I have a request to make. I am an active member of Scarleteen and I would like to put up fliers around the school to inform people about it. I know that I should ask permission beforehand, so I decided to ask guidance. Guidance told me that I should discuss it with you, so that is why you are receiving this letter.

Anyway, Scarleteen(http://www.scarleteen.com) is a sexual education web site that I have found very useful. When I am too embarrassed to ask an adult, I just go to Scarleteen. They also talk about depression, family matters, and other things too. It's basically a site for people to go with concerns. Parents can also go on the web site. Scarleteen encourages parents to talk to their children about sex.

Scarleteen is in the form of articles and message boards. A lot of people use the message boards, but the articles are just as useful. Everything is kept PG-13 and very clean. It's very accurate too. The web masters of Scarleteen know what they're talking about.

There is no discrimination at Scarleteen. All genders, races, and sexual orientations are welcomed. On the boards, children under the age of thirteen aren't allowed to post without parental permission. Otherwise, all ages are welcomed.

Scarleteen promotes abstinence as it's number one choice, but they know that some kids will have sex anyway, so they promote safe sex too. There's a lot of statistics and such on the web site. It's really useful.

I didn't want to get Scarleteen in trouble, or the school for that matter, so I decided to ask before putting up fliers. I don't know if I'll be able to put up fliers about sex in the school, but I just want your consent. I understand that sexuality is a very controversial topic, but I really think that people would benefit from this.

Along with this letter, I have included a flier for you to look at and a note that has been put on Scarleteen from the editor that is posted on the web site. The note just says some things about what Scarleteen does and who they are. It’s more in depth and from an adult perspective.

Please consider my suggestion. I would really love to post the fliers throughout the school because I think that all the students have a right to know where a good, accurate place is to get information that can sometimes be embarrassing to ask about; being on the Internet makes things a lot easier.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
(name)

There you go. That's what I told my principal. It worked, so putting in the basic topics that I had should do it.

------------------
Useless Crap

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds really good! I hope that it works out for you!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

I can write an article for our parent newsletter too! This is so awesome. I can tell EVERYONE about Scarleteen.

I printed out my fliers today (finally) so I can put them in the bathrooms at school. I took some of the colors from the website, so I have fliers with purple, pink, teal, and orange. Cool, huh?

Sometime soon I'm going to talk to the heath teacher. My principal said I could tell her about it too, so she could tell her heath classes when she talks about sex.

Scarleteen rocks!

------------------
Useless Crap

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This post was from about a month back, I just thought I'd add some comments:

Scarleteen does rock.

*pats keoki on back* Good for you, keoki, that you put up fliers! A while back I thought about that, too.

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.