Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Things that have NOTHING to do with someone's queerness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things that have NOTHING to do with someone's queerness
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 11 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so i think my mom is a bad offender of calling certain things queer just because they weird her out
She doesnt know my sexuality or at least i dont think so, but she is always calling certain behaviors of mine queer
Yes this thread is kinda supposed to be for laughs and i hope others can share similar things, but here r a few things that my mom calls queer of me that really have nothing to do with me being queer:
Singing a song by a female artist
Singing in the shower
My partless hairdoo (i hate parts and their organizing properties)
My reference to my animals as my babies (i sometimes treat them better than she treats her babies)
My reaction to babies and other cute things (the high pitched "awww so cute" thing)
The various twitches i occasionally get for various reasons
My laughing at otherwise not funny things
My use of the word superlative (which she cant even pronounce right)
My speaking of latin

If i think of any more ill add them [Smile]
I hope ive humored someone out there!!!

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burdened with glorious booty
Activist
Member # 93241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burdened with glorious booty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I add liking science fiction and other "guys stuff"? Before I realised I was queer, I was still a massive tomboy, and most people took those nerdy interests of mine as a sign that I'm a lesbian (which I'm not, but close enough). I remember asking my facebook friends why people keep assuming I'm a lesbian, and the ones who DID give an answer cited my interests.

--------------------
Ta-da!

Posts: 130 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! I think its funny how people attribute certain characteristics to queer people and then if they display that characteristic they think its cause they are queer
A few more to add to my list:
Needing more practice driving
Naming mexican animals after mexican food
Being able to bake excellently
Laughing over things nobody else is laughing at

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alex dubya
Neophyte
Member # 93291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alex dubya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Art, in general.
Feminism.
Being okay with being fat.

These are actually different facets of my identity, they don't have to do with the fact that I'm sexually and romantically attracted to women.

[ 03-27-2013, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: alex dubya ]

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My partless hairdoo (i hate parts and their organizing properties)
Apropos of nothing, I hate parts, too. [Smile] But I love the way you put this: I intend to steal it from you for future use. [Razz]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go right ahead and steal it for future reference heather [Smile]
Be my guest!!! [Big Grin]
I have a few other things to add to my list
Drawing penises (everyone does it at some point)
Getting excited abt plant bulbs growing (as i look at my crocusses)
Knowing ke$ha lyrics
Joking around abt skipping school on a day we dont even have it
Saying today should be national lady gaga day because its her birthday
Pretending to be a different species

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.