Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Bisexual and Scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bisexual and Scared
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bisexual, and to be honest, I'm scared to death. My close friends know and that's it. I'm afraid my family will judge me. My dad and mom are split apart, so I live with my mom. My dad is against gays and I don't know about my mom. She doesn't hate them, but I don't think she'll approve.

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, am I understanding that what you are afraid of in dating or coming out is family disapproval? Are you worried about things like being abused or kicked out because of this, or is this more about your family just not being supportive?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That they won't be supportive. But thweyre no abusive, however, I don't think idnbe accepted. And once I turn 18, my fears of them kicking me out ate at high rate.

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on your profile, you already are 18.

For sure, not all parents are supportive and accepting. Some aren't, then get with the program, some never do. And that is never fun, to say the least.

However, we also have the ability to seek out support from others, or make our own families if and when it turns out the families we are already in aren't accepting of who we are as people, or leave us feeling crummy all the time, rather than supported and cared for.

Do you want to come out to either of your parents right now? Or to actively be dating women, so you would need to be out in some respect if you didn't want to sneak around?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat Is High     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My profile says I'm 18? I didn't make this profile, my friend did. Can I somehow change this setting? And I'm not ready to come out. I think if I get q girlfriend I'll see how it goes and tell them then. Would that work?

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Heather
Member # 3

That's really up to you, and also about the person you are dating. Not everyone feels the same way about dating people at various stages of out-ness, or about being involved if and when someone is coming out to family. You'd have to get to that place, figure out how you feel about it, and talk to whomever you are dating about that.

But that certainly is one of your options, just as generally valid as the next.

I'm not sure why you didn't create your own account, but all users can edit their own profiles. If you click the little box with the face and question mark on it on any of your posts, that's how you get to the place to do that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Kat Is High
Neophyte
Member # 110435

Thank you. And because I didn't have WiFi.

--------------------
~KatIsHighBrah✌

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.