Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Dreams and fantasies are making me question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams and fantasies are making me question
Hope28
Neophyte
Member # 110516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hope28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I identify as lesbian. I never have crushes on guys. I often feel attracted to women, and have crushes on them. I could imagine myself growing old with a woman. But the thing is; I can't stop having sexual dreams about men and, I have never dreamed about being with a girl. I also find it hard to fantasize about doing anything more than kissing a girl. While I can/have fantasize about going all the way with men. I have had sex with a guy before, but didn't find it very enjoyable. The farthest I have gone with a girl is kissing. Do you think my fantasies coincide with my past experiences? Maybe I just can't imagine being with a girl because I never have? So do you think that these dreams and fantasies mean anything in reality? [Confused]
Posts: 4 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say they are already part of your reality. So they may mean something to you. But that doesn't mean there is anything hidden. I subscribe to wysiwyg sexuality (what you see is what you get). So you could simply a lesbian who fantasises about men with nothing more to it.
Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OhImpecuniousOne
Activist
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should date the people you want to date and fantasise about the people you want to fantasise about. It doesn't really matter if the label you've picked for yourself doesn't fit absolutely perfectly, or if it might start to fit less well in future; because really, labels exist mainly for your benefit, and if they're causing you more stress than comfort then it's probably worth ignoring the whole issue!
Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hope28
Neophyte
Member # 110516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hope28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Jacob and OhIpmpecuniousOne
Posts: 4 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries hope!
Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.