Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Asexual, Nonsexual or Aromantic Peer Support

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Asexual, Nonsexual or Aromantic Peer Support
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of a few threads we've added to help those of you who are often dealing with similar issues -- or aren't, but are members of this one broad group of sexual orientation and want to connect, even in places you're not the same -- but perhaps not seeing each other in one place on the boards to know you can connect and talk together. We keep seeing some users who it seems like would SO benefit from talking together, but due to the business of the boards, probably don't realize are here to talk to.

This one is for anyone who is or feels they are asexual (or nonsexual) or aromantic.

IMPORTANT: What this thread is NOT for is anyone who does not feel or identify in those ways, but who is curious about people who do and wants to interview them in any way to satisfy their curiosity. This is a peer support thread for people who are sure or pretty darn sure they are or feel these kinds of sexual identities. Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsexyLogic
Neophyte
Member # 94442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsexyLogic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this thread is empty- save for Heather's introduction post; it makes me wonder whether I'm the only asexual here, or if other Aces have not seen this post.

I suppose I shall start this thread off...

After going through a number of sexual identities, none of which seemed to fit, I think I've finally discovered what I believe is to be my proper identity- romantic asexual.

I've always known that heterosexual or homosexual have never fit for me even though, at one point, I've described myself as such and even went through the identities in between- bisexual and pansexual.

However, sex has never been a concept that I've found to be tasteful or something that interests me. I do not yearn for, nor care to have a sexual relationship with someone; I would much rather have a close relationship with someone on an emotional and intellectual level.

Only recently I've been beginning to discover that asexuality is something that I can identify with; in the past I've often feared labeling myself as such because I thought the identity implied loneliness; it is not the case however since there appears to be a strong community that I can rely on, and I still have the same possibility as anyone else in finding a partner.

Come out, fellow Aces!

[ 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: AsexyLogic ]

Posts: 1 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a-starlit-crimescene
Neophyte
Member # 95393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a-starlit-crimescene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.
I am aromantic as well as asexual. [Smile]
I've felt a lot of/gone through what Asexylogic has described in their post up above ^^^
Though I can't say sex doesn't interest me, I can definitely say sex with other people doesn't. I used to struggled with this aspect of my sexuality a lot and only very recently came to terms with it. I find members of both sex attractive, but even imagining sexual-type touching with either sets off a no-what-are-you-doing-STOP alarm in my brain.
I've tried to come out to family and friends multiple times but I've always been brushed off as "too young to decide that now, honey, you'll start feeling those things as you mature a bit." Not sure how to feel about this.

--------------------
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams.

Posts: 8 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.