Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Early same-sex crushes (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Early same-sex crushes
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who remembers their earliest same-sex crushes, celebrity or otherwise? How old were you? Did you know that it was a crush at the time, or did you figure it out later?

My earliest crush memory is of my camp counselor when I was about seven. Of course I didn't realize what it was that I had felt for her until years later. My first concious crush was when I was twelve and had a HUGE thing for Julianna Margulies from ER(still do).

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a lot of crushes, like my best friend since we were both 5, etc. etc., but the one I remember best, and still get bugged over, is Gillian Anderson (discovered at age 13, rrowl...). Oh yeah...
Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh...Laughs...I feel your pain...I belong to Gillian (as says my nick!!) Angelina Jolie would be second, Liz Hurley, Kylie Minouge, and Geri Halliwell (my first).

I'm a sucker for a redhead ;0)

Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Angeline Jolie kicks butt.

I have a real crush on her.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
let me see..... jennifer aniston, neve campbell, wynona rider, and of course flower(playboy centerfold) i could name more but those were the first and i still like them. flower is my favorite.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best childhood friend, my middle school social studies and yoga teacher, the girl who always hung out at the back of the bus in eigth grade with all of the Blue Oyster Cult fanatics (I felt her worth was wasted on them).

As far as people I didn't know, Phoebe Snow, Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry, Annie Lennox, all of the Go-Go's (except Belinda Carlisle), Donna Summer, Nancy Drew (in print), and a handful of others.

And I did indeed know they were all crushes, and I loved having them.

And yes, I feel quite dated now, thank you. Ugh.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
k.d. lang....ahaha, so embarrassing!
Also, my friend from about grade 5. That one turned out horribly, and I'm still bitter about it :P

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gillians_gal:
Ahhhh...Laughs...I feel your pain...I belong to Gillian (as says my nick!!) Angelina Jolie would be second, Liz Hurley, Kylie Minouge, and Geri Halliwell (my first).

I'm a sucker for a redhead ;0)

Holy cow, gg, that list matches up EXACTLY with mine! Phew! Lucky for me, my GF's a redhead.

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot about the teachers. Oh my, the teachers. I constantly have a crush on one teacher or another. The first semi-concious one was my 5th grade Language Structures teacher. Don't ask me what "Language Structures" is. I went to a weirdo school. In that class I remember that we studied Greek mythology and grammar. I thought my teacher was soooo cool because she had a pierced eyebrow. And she was way pretty. Unfortunately, she left the school to become a pastry chef.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I feel so left out. I didn't really have many (other than you show me yours I'll show you mine which led to other games with yours/mine. But I don't think those count). Do we all remember Wednesday from the movie The Adams Family? Well I had a crush on her, she was played by Christina Ricci. I still love Miss Ricci btw.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great minds think alike!

Winnie

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU'RE BORED!

I get along very well with all my teachers and have crushed on a few of them.
First was Ms Dunstan, young and open minded. I was at a country boarding school but me and her both came from capital cities so we understood how odd it was to be in such a small place (ompared to home). Once in SOSE, she asked who would vote liberal if they could. The entire class raised their hand except for us. Yep, me and miss D the lone Labour supporters! She was trained as a media teacher, and she left at the end of the year to do that (our school didn't do media). I went to see american pie one weekend and she was there with her boyfriend - none of the other teachers would be caught dead in that film!!

I guess Media teachers must do something for me cuz the next year back at home I signed up for the class to find out what she had left us to do. Then I met Mr Oliver, possibly the most laid back and understanding teacher I have met. We got on like a house on fire, he didn't care about my sexuality, and before I knew it I was the teachers pet - sharing coffee with him in class! My guy friends reckon he's a paedophile, but I think he's just very in tune with youth today. He has read my fanfiction (which is full of explicit sex) and helps me with my writing.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*lol* Nancy Drew?

I used to be such a fan of hers. Amazing how she could always find a mystery wherever she was. And how she never died.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fanfiction? Yay for fanfic! You write? Do you publish it anyplace...like Ephemeral or Gossamer? I write too sometimes...nothing recently (and it's mostly been tame stuff), but the explicit stuff is good too!

~KittenGoddess *who's blushing because she got all excited about finding somebody else who knows what fanfic is*

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Well KittenGoddess, what is it? I'm curious now!

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

(Fields the question for KG, since it's an opportunity to finally admit her own addiction)

fanfic, or fanfiction, is a genre of writing. It's 'special' because fanfiction is writing by fans of a specific television show/comic book/novel series/movie/band about that show/comic book/novel series/movie/band and it's characters. Beyond that, anything goes. There are certain subgenres of fanfic too, such as slash (homosexual erotica, ie. Mulder/Skinner, Captain Kirk/Spock, named slash because of the '/' between the names), filks (folk songs), badfic (fanfiction that was born to be godawfully bad) and crossovers (taking characters from one TV show etc. and putting them into another TV show etc., ie. Buffy/Teletubbies [yeah, that one exists]).

The stuff KG's talking about is X-Files fanfic, and the places she was referring to are The Gossamer Archive and Ephemeral Archive, the two places where any literary X-phile worth their salt gets their stories posted. Other popular fandoms are X-Men and Xena (especially for slash...rrowl...)

For fellow fic junkies, I'm not pledging my allegiance to any particular fandom, just to fanfic in general. ;-)

I'm still trying to forget the My Little Pony slash...shudder...

unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like christina ricci too. in the addams family and in sleepy hollow. also for those of you who listen to the same music as me i love the girl on the cover of godsmack!!!!

------------------
frozendreems@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because I'm even creakier and older than Miz Scarlet, but never liked Nancy Drew, I have to confess my crush on the character Harriet from "Harriet The Spy." And at around the same time I developed a rather serious thing for Sophia Loren and one of my music teachers...

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, god, my music teacher in 5th grade. I don't know why ... but I was more or less obsessed with her. Yummy.

As for celebraties ... it's all about Gillian Anderson. She's hott, hott, hott.

And I know what fanfic is and adore it to pieces. What's you faves? I can read (and do read) "Dance Without Sleeping" by Leyla Harrison over and over.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, you've just named what's probably my fav fanfic ever! "Dance Without Sleeping" is probably one of my all time favorites.

It's so nice to know that others share my little secret obsession here...I'm going to start a thread about this over in "It's All About You", so that this thread can continue with it's original purpose.

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to admit this, but my first huge crush was Harry Potter. I still have a crush on him, which I know is the silliest thing. Oh well, books are so much better than the real world. I never had a crush on a teacher (all the teachers at my school are old and creepy) and i think that would kinda stink. To have to sit in class trying to pay attention to what you're supposed to be learning instead of on the teacher would be difficult for me. I have a huge crush on Topher Grace (from Traffic) right now.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Leyla Harrison? Swoon! OMG, swoon swoon swoon! I used to read everything of hers I could find...does she have a personal archive at all?

I used to e-mail her daily...she and I had a nice pen-pal thing going...

Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering, have any of you read the lesbian parodies of the Nancy Drew books? They're called "Nancy Clue" or something. I read them a while ago, they're fun, I guess. But I think the originals are more fun!
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wahoo, three cheers for the Gossamer archive!!! I read Dance Without Sleeping so long ago I've forgotten how it goes...guess I need to review! My fav. of the moment is "Rescue" by B. Bennett and Elaine Risley. It's a lovely "what happened between Antartica and D.C."
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Yes!! I do have stuff on Gossamer. Lydia Bower (of dance w/o sleeping) is one of my favorite authors! I'm nothing on her though. I also have some fanfic on fanfiction.net

I'm a 'shipper, but I also love slash fic (even if it is illegal for me to read it), and I have a thing for GA....wierd I know.

Glad to hear there are some other X-Philes around.

Winnie

------------------
Keeper of:
Scully's bra (EA)
Mulders Wheelchair (SE)
Scene where S tells Sk she's pregnant. (Req)
Scully's green suede jacket (Unn)

Member of GAWS

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

lol, Well I certainly managed to divert this discussion didn't I? Hehe, well ya know how us X-phile's and fanfic fans will take over any discussion you put us in! So, having said that...I put up another little thread for the discussion of this little obsession right over here...

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000423.html

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Am I nervous? Am I scared? Is it worth it? Should I even care? ...Man I like this guy, I really like him alot!"
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~10 days till M-day~*~

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
k.d's just cool. I don't even know that much by her, but she gives off sweet vibes, she's a little bit butchy, and last time I checked she was dating the ever-cute Leisha Hailey. I think I could only dig a famous woman who was at least somewhat musically involved.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margi007
Neophyte
Member # 1176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margi007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first same sex crush was Princess Jasmin from the Disney movie ALADIN. It must be true what they say about currupting subliminal messages in kids' cartoons!
Oh, and I have a HUGE thing for guys who crossdress (especially Stephen Dorf in I SHOT ANDY WARHOL. Come to think of it, the woman who plays Valerie Solanas is quite a dish herself). Does that count?

Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course my current celeb crush is Gillian, but when I think far back I remember that I probably had a crush on Winnie from the Wonder Years. I never really liked the show (it was a bit boring) but I watched it because Winnie made it interesting. Heh.
Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grizabella
Activist
Member # 2014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grizabella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by margi007:
Oh, and I have a HUGE thing for guys who crossdress

Two words:
ROCKY HORROR!!!
Tim Curry in lingerie!!! :swoon:

Oh... this thread is about SAME-sex crushes, isn't it?

My second-grade teacher. Not sure why.

------------------
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who are not artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid."
-Jules Feifer

Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juice
Activist
Member # 3325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, playingbyheart, i was soooo in love w/ winnie! she was so cute and sweet!

ummm... i think my first crush on a gurl was this gurl at a camp i went to. it was a visual arts course type thing and she was really artsy and alternative, and 2 years older and wanted nothing to do w/ me! lol

i still have a thing for artsy chix...

Posts: 45 | From: Toronto, Ontatio, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cranberry
Neophyte
Member # 3424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cranberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My camp counselor in the summer of sixth grade. oooooh. I couldn't even talk to her! my heart would melt whenever i saw her. second to last day of camp, i was being fitted for a costume, holding it on me while pins were put in... someone said something about worrying that it would fall off and my beloved camp counselor said "oh, it's okay, we're all girls here." hehehe.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margi007
Neophyte
Member # 1176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for margi007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhhh! Dr Frankenfurtur! and what about rocky when hes all dresed up.... mmmmm. john leguisamo in Wong Foo... guy peirce in pricilla queen of the desert, even malcom mc dowell with his fake eyelashes in a clockwork orange.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

quote:
Originally posted by margi007:
Ohhhh! Dr Frankenfurtur!

I'm right with you there on Dr. Frankenfurtur. Sooooooo hot! I can barely watch that movie without literally drooling.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Hillary
Neophyte
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hillary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first crush? when i was really young, I had a thing for my friend Nicolette... She's really hot (still is). Angelina Jolie, Geri Halliwell... my friend from school now. Carly Pope!! She is gorgeous!
Posts: 21 | From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.