Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Guys+skirts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guys+skirts
14mit1010
Neophyte
Member # 56731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 14mit1010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been interested in trying out a skirt for quite a while, but am unable to get the opportunity to do so. However, I always fantasize about wearing a skirt of this type  -

Can someone tell me:
1) What this type of skirt is called
2) Is there any type of mens shorts/something else that simulates the seeling of wearing this type of skirt?

Posts: 4 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that's a gorgeous skirt.

I'm not sure what exactly you'd call it though, I'd probably just describe it as a pleated skirt, I'm honestly not sure if the style has an official name, but then I'm hardly a fashion guru.

I personally can't think of anything to simulate the look but you definitely can shop online for skirts if it that would make it easier for you to get a hold of one.

Posts: 243 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
14mit1010
Neophyte
Member # 56731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 14mit1010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sry.. made a typo.
meant to type feeling of this type of skirt..

[ 02-22-2011, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: 14mit1010 ]

Posts: 4 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spelaea
Neophyte
Member # 46489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spelaea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure exactly what kind of skirt that is, but I know that I have a kilt that looks quite similar to it, and plenty of guys wear kilts!
Posts: 4 | From: Earth | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfire&Shadows
Activist
Member # 31388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfire&Shadows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen some Utilikilts that look like that - that's the name for a kilt that's made "modern" not the traditional plaid. Your picture looks really cool. [Smile]

--------------------
We are all made of Star Stuff...
-Carl Sagan

...Their eyes beheld, first of all things, the stars of heaven.
-Silmarillion

Posts: 90 | From: Unknown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naplement
Activist
Member # 46362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naplement     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try what they call "harem pants": in my experience, these feel quite skirt-like. And I have seen them on guys, trough on a different continent (mainly on jugglers).
Posts: 124 | From: hungary | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nightguardian13
Neophyte
Member # 61877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nightguardian13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give kilts a try. My brother has friends who haven't worn pants for several YEARS because they love the freedom of kilts so much.

--------------------
~You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one~

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.