Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Why am I wanting to experience being with a woman?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why am I wanting to experience being with a woman?
Not so lucky in Kentucky
Neophyte
Member # 58059

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Not so lucky in Kentucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 24 years young and I have never experimented with another female, except for testing the waters with my digits and I was highly intoxicated so I don't think that really counts. My boyfriend jokes about having a three-some and I casually laugh about it, but deep down, I think I would want to eventually try it. It's as if I want to be with another female to try it out and see if I like it, but then when I think about who it would be with or thinking about details, then I start to psych myself out and think it's dumb.

I read in a certain magazine recently that guys don't joke about having three-somes. That it is either a real thing they want to do or just a fantasy that turns them on. But since I think he is being sincere in wanting to do it, it puts more pressure on me to find out if it is possible for me to be with a girl or to have a three-some.

I need help in what I should do to either, get rid of the feeling or learn how to open up to what I think I want...and not to mention I have no close girl-friends I feel comfortable talking about this with. I am scared to tell my boyfriend of my feelings because I don't know if I want to see his reaction to what I really feel deep down inside. Not that I want to only be with a girl, but just to experiment and have fun with one...so confused I am rambling :-/

--------------------
Not So Lucky In Kentucky

Posts: 3 | From: Bluegrass State | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Not so lucky in Kentucky: Welcome to Scarleteen!

You know, what you're describing here is totally normal. Everyone will go through a time at some point in their loves where they may question their orientation, and whether or not they're attracted to someone of the same or opposite sex, or both. Have you found yourself emotionally and physically attracted to any other girls? Have you thought about discussing this with your boyfriend - letting him know that you're not sure how you feel or if you'd be open to the idea of experimenting at all should the time come, but that it's passed through your mind? Sometimes it can help to be able to talk openly and honestly with someone else. But how you're feeling isn't dumb at all, it's normal and totally okay.

Not sure about the article you read, but a lot of people joke about a lot of things that they may never really want to do.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cian
Activist
Member # 44405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I joke with my partner about threesomes frequently while we have both established that it's not really something we want to do for real. So I'd take the article with similar attitude as I would take an article that said that all women like pink.
Like Stephanie here said, it's perfectly normal to have these feelings and I too would stress open communication within your relationship.

Posts: 239 | From: Europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not so lucky in Kentucky
Neophyte
Member # 58059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not so lucky in Kentucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for both of your responses! I actually did build the nerve to talk to my boyfriend about it (via text while he sat right beside me) and his response was much more relaxing than what I thought it would be. But now to just figure out what to do about the feelings...should I try to be with a girl and if I do, how would I go about finding the right one?

A tad still confused but a better confused than as of late.

--------------------
Not So Lucky In Kentucky

Posts: 3 | From: Bluegrass State | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one thing to just always remember is that none of us can be a representative for everyone of our sex or gender. So, if and when you sleep with another women, what you'll find out is what sex with *that* one person is like, not what "sex with women" -- which varies as much as sex with men can -- is like.

So, what do you want? It might help to kind of go back and identify how you felt when you knew you were curious about sex with men: how did you go about -- and how do you still -- seeking out male sexual partners? However that is, this isn't something radically different, it's going to be basically the same deal.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not so lucky in Kentucky
Neophyte
Member # 58059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not so lucky in Kentucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Heather! I will definitely keep all what you said in mind, if and when, I decide to pursue to be with a woman [Smile] I really appreciate all of the feedback I am getting. It is very helpful in understanding how I feel.

--------------------
Not So Lucky In Kentucky

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.