Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » A tad confused...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A tad confused...
laceyxo
Activist
Member # 47026

Icon 5 posted      Profile for laceyxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright...
So I'm a 17 year old female and I have a boyfriend who I love dearly. Recently I've been having dreams involving girls sexually. (no one I know but a lot of it is centered around Kristen stewart). A lot of the dreams are like my other dreams that involve my day before, but the feelings exsist in concious life as well. I have no feelings or desires for girls I know or see but a few celebrities. I've always been attracted to just boys so this just feels odd and out of place to be feeling like this. Is this normal? If so could someone help me control these feelings because I'm feeling a little like lady gagas pokerface sometimes when I'm with my boyfriend.

Posts: 42 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In all honestly, orientation is something that's not always set in stone, often it's fluid. Something to remember though, is that how we feel is something that's out of our control really. We can't control feelings, because they are what they are and will be there regardless. However, we do and can control how we act on them if at all.

Too? You know how you feel about your boyfriend, and these feelings don't change that. And plenty of ppl have these same dreams and thoughts but also don't feel attracted to women in other ways (like emotionally)or see them wanting any type of relationship with women (or men for men). But in the end we all get to identify how we feel most comfortable.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laceyxo
Activist
Member # 47026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laceyxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I've been doing some thinking and I really think it's just the fact of I will never want to really act on those feelings so it's like the fact of it being forbidden with my feelings.
I may have a thought or a dream about that, but I know I won't want to really want to in real life. I think it's a case of curiosity since Ive just recently been exposed to sexual activites so Im thinking of what else is out there.
Thanks for being here to talk this out with. I don't want to sound like I'm fighting the feelings, because I'm not. I'm positive if I wanted to be with another girl so badly, I'd make it happen. Girls personality wise just have never been a good combination with my own. Even as friends, I sit here and think how dramatic some may be and that's not anything I want to deal with.
The feelings seem to only be in the hooking up sense. Idk they're just odd.

Posts: 42 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.