Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » i think i'm lesbo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i think i'm lesbo
tinkerbell_16
Neophyte
Member # 38220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tinkerbell_16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think i'm bisexual because i wouldnt mind being touch by a woman even though i never been with one. i feel so atractive to them i wouldnt my coming out as a bisexual if my family wouldnt be so close in mind [Mad] . what do i do? how can i live a life where i wouldnt be judge

--------------------
stefany

Posts: 7 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi tinkerbell,

I can relate a little to how you're feeling. I also feel attracted to women but worry about how my family will take it. So you're not the only one.

Remember that you dont have to come out now or soon, you can wait until you're ready. However it can be really good to talk to people about this stuff. What are your friends like? Are any of them gay or bi? And if you go along to a GLBT group or gay-straight alliance, you can be sure that you won't be judged there. Make sure you have some support if/when you do decide to come out. Organisations like PFLAG are good at providing support and education to parents who have GLBT children.

I don't think that any of us can really live a life where we wont be judged (even if we're straight)- i mean we will always do things that others will not agree with. But we can be strong and confident in ourselves.

I think it could be helpful for you to have a read of this and the links at the bottom:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/i_think_i_might_be_bisexual_but_i_really_do_not_want_to_be

Good luck, i hope things work out for you.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.