Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » sexual fantasies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sexual fantasies
sofi
Neophyte
Member # 30271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, i posted about this before but i need more opinions, plus theres something new that i realized. Heres the thing: I have sexual fantasies about women. I understand that may have nothing to do with reality, and I explained previously that my natural instinct is to have romantic and sexual feelings for men in person ( i completely ignore women), but I am not attracted to pictures of men or erotic stories of heterosexual encounters nearly as much as I am of same-sex encounters with women. Ok, maybe not now that i think about it...i seem to be sexually attracted to both, its just that more recently i seem to be more into the same-sex thing . Its almost as though thinking about heterosexual sex isnt as exciting anymore. Yet in person its guys who get my attention. Yet I also think about women, but they never catch my attention in real life. Im confused...
Posts: 22 | From: Florida | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ninette
Neophyte
Member # 40275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ninette         Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel. It may be just a fantasy, or it may be that you haven't met any women who catch your eye or attract you in person yet. I used to be in much the same situation as you when I was younger and living in an area where (culturally) girls were encouraged to be uberfeminine. I always wondered a bit about my level of attraction to girls, but once I moved to an urban area and began to come into contact with more women who gave off a different (sometimes I gues what you might call a more traditionally 'masculine' or 'tomboy' vibe), I defintely sat up and took notice of them, and it's gotten to a point where I can't ignore it anymore. I don't feel like I could say to anyone "I'm bi", but I am more comfortable identifying the fact that I'm attracted to some women.
Posts: 11 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasies are not an indicator of sexual orientation. Fantasies serve merely as a way to get us aroused and usually for masturbatory purposes. There really isn't any sort of indicators that come from what your fantasize about.

If you have no attraction to women in real life, you don't have anything to question. Plenty of straight women don't find naked men terribly interesting (I'm in that boat) and use something else.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.