Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » which one?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: which one?
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I have identified myself as a lesbian for about 3.5 years now and all of a sudden I am starting to get curious about having sex with guys... and even getting turned on. But all I see myself doing is making out/more with a guy, no relationship.
Could I be bisexual but lean more towards women???

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sexuality can be a very fluid thing, so while you may have predominantly identified as lesbian for the past few years, there's no reason you may not find yourself now or down the road attracted to some men sexually, or even in terms of a relationship.

[ 01-22-2007, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started out bi, Than dated a few guys because I thought I was attracted to them physically. But being in a relationship and having sex with them ended up doing nothing for me. Where as with Woman they do everything. I say maybe test the waters with a guy, See what happens. Once your with a guy even just as a date or kissing your going to know right away if its right or if it does nothing for you.
Atleast thats how it was with me, with guys. When I kissed them they did nothing for me except that I was kissing someone. But with Woman they did alot for me. Which is why I just went from being bi to being a Lesbian.
Hm I hope that made sense.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugsy182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surferchk:
Yeah, that made total sense to me. That's how I've been feeling lately, only, on a more sexual level.

I get turned on when I think about having sex with a guy, but only because I'm having sex, not the guy part... then I think about being with a girl, I get super nervous/excited just thinking about doing anything sexual with a girl...

And I haven't found any guys that I feel comfortable doing anything with and flirting with a guy seems too... easy and doesn't gets me nearly as excited as thinking about doing it with a girl.

--------------------
~Becca

"You could spend your whole life preserving it, but never really doing anything with it."

Posts: 31 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You totally sound like a lesbian to be honest. I mean I can totally turned turned on by having sex with a guy but in the long run it does nothing for me cause its with a guy like theres no real electricity. Where as with a woman im there. I get nervous/giddy and its all just wow to me.
I just recently had my first date with a woman that was real and official and now shes my girlfriend but even just holding hands with her it was just wow, I think i couldnt stop blushing or smiling the whole time I was with her. And kissing it was like electricity...where as with guys it was just a kiss. and sex was unreal i mean I guess I now understand the whole 'Making love' part of it. Cause with her it was intense and it was like electricity was flowing thru our bodies. But with a guy it was like he finished himself and i was left like "hm what about me" and there was nothing there no real feeling.

Most def go out with a girl or something, I met my girlfriend actually thru myspace. Now I dont know your age or anything and I wouldnt suggest you meeting someone online unless your older than 18 or are meeting in an extremely public place. but its a cool way to connect with people and find people in your area who are gay/bi.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetypie21
Neophyte
Member # 31882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetypie21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know how you feel. I like guys to, but no where near as exciting as being with a girl. Its such a rush, and girls know exacly what you want, and i dont know guys could just Never compare. I have been in love with a guy before and still didnt feel like the girls that i just randomly hook up with make me feel. Its Incredible!
Posts: 37 | From: new york | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

Thanks guys, espec Surferchk, good news is that that whole crisis is over... And now I just need to get up the nerve to go to the glbt meetinsg on campus here.
note: I'm 19

--------------------
~Becca

Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

quote:
Originally posted by bugsy182:
Thanks guys, espec Surferchk, good news is that that whole crisis is over... And now I just need to get up the nerve to go to the glbt meetinsg on campus here.
note: I'm 19

Just show up those meetings are always such a cool place and everyone is really friendly and accepting. Basically as soon as you walk into a room someone I garuntee will come up and say hello to you and start talking.

What school do you go to AZ state?
Whats nice about all the colleges now is they do have the meetings which is just nice. You will meet alot of people that way and maybe even get a date ;-)

bugsy182
Neophyte
Member # 32374

I go to Northern AZ Univ.

--------------------
~Becca

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.