Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
iron serenity
Neophyte
Member # 21516

Icon 5 posted      Profile for iron serenity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay i'm 16 and I have been bi for about a year. Most of my friends know, in fact most of my school knows. The only family member that I have told is one of my cousins that I am very close with. I want to tell my partents because I want to be honest with them, but I'm not sure how they will react. I talked to my dad a little about gay's because i'm figting for gay rights at my school and he seemed to be cool with them. My mom, however, is catholic and I don't know how she would take the news. First off do you think I should tell them, and if so how do I go about doing that?
Posts: 7 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tymamma
Neophyte
Member # 21604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tymamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i know exactly where your coming from. I have only told my good friends about the fact that i am a lesbian, and my family only has their suspicians. I will eventually tell my family, but they are also catholics and agianst gay of any sort. (i have no religion)
I think you should tell your parents, they deserve to know, and i know i should practice what i preach, im working on it. Dont necessarily tell them both at once, it seems your dad would take it beter. Start with him, see how he handles it before breaking it to your mom.

------------------
The sad truth, people with lots of friends are liked the most,

but people with no friends...want to be liked the most

Chelsea

Posts: 4 | From: Nashua, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.