Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Confused...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused...
Buttercup
Neophyte
Member # 5760

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Buttercup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new to this place, so bare with me, will you?
I'm a 17 years old girl, and I'm quite confused (as you might have guessed from the title...).
I've always been attracted to guys, even though I've never been in love with one. But nowadays I find myself more and more interested in girls. It started off a weird phase I've been to in my late junior high years when I felt strong urges to kiss girls I was talking to (which made it quite hard to actually concentrate on the conversation...), but these urges have pretty much calmed down, and now my interest seems to focus on certain girls, not just any girl I talk to. I'm sexually attracted to some girls, and with a few of them it seems to go even deeper than that, but then again, I'm still attracted to boys. Does that mean that I'm bi, or could it be just a phase I'm going through?

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.

Posts: 25 | From: Israel | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the answer to both your questions could be "yes"... it's entirely possible that you're bisexual or that it's "just a phase". Ultimately it's up to you to judge. There's no definitive test you can take that tells you who you are (well, maybe on thespark.com or something, but I wouldn't take it too seriously ). It's possible to identify with different sexual orientations at different phases in your life. Check out the search function (upper right corner), there are lots of others who feel similar. There are also some good articles in the Gaydar section on the main site.

Welcome to the boards!

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Spark gay test said I'm very straight. They have no appreciation for queer femmes. Grrrr. Just because I like lipstick . . .

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buttercup
Neophyte
Member # 5760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buttercup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, according to TheSpark, I'm 6% gayer than the average straight female, and 20% gayer than the typical lesbian is. Does anyone else find that a bit weird? Maybe I should let me hair grow long, or stop training for the military?
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll be sure to check out the articles.

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.

Posts: 25 | From: Israel | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 28% gay apparently which doesnt sound too far off the mark. Except it says that on average I am less gay than most people. I somewhat doubt the authenticity of these statistics but I suppose it would make sense that I am in fact less gay than most people, but I simply have realised that I may not be completely heterosexual.

Wonder if I ought to talk about it more openly. Only a few people at school have come out, and I am not one of them. Ohh so complicated...

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.