Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I came out to my Christian group

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I came out to my Christian group
PixieDust
Activist
Member # 4003

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PixieDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The camp I went to this past week...I came out to my small little group. So I was kinda worried, and then after like 2 seconds, they all crowded around me and just gave me big hugs. Geez...I love all of them. So accepting, and loving, and caring. I can hardly breathe without crying now...cuz everyone here back at home is such a prude. At that camp, I can say "I love you" to anyone there...but here, no siree bob! GEEZ! I really need to go cry now.

Posts: 86 | From: Las Vegas, NV, United States | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

It can be a hard thing to tell people about your sexuality. I certainly found people were much more accepting then I thought they would be. I'm glad to hear you have the support of your local Christian community.

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me! I don't think I'm a prude! I don't think anyone at youth group is a prude! No one in the theater is a prude! (well, no one that matters, that is). pshaw. I see no prudeness here.

Anyways, welcome home, and I'm glad to hear that everything went good for you We'll go to youth group this week, where you only get weird looks if you say "i'm straight", and maybe you won't miss illinois so much? ::huggles::

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilMissK
Neophyte
Member # 4869

Icon 6 posted      Profile for LilMissK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ugh. i hated coming out. but the only place i have that i feel like i can be open about being bi is my YRUU group. they rock! but hey...i have a long road ahead of me considering that i'm still in the "coming out" process. heh. but i like who i am...and i think thats important. and so yeah.
*Kat*

------------------
"For, you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." -Rosemonde Gerard

Posts: 19 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.