Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » When is it my turn?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When is it my turn?
ManHunter
Neophyte
Member # 3938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ManHunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that there are lot of gay/bi people out there, and they just don't say anything about it. I know, because I have confided in many male friends who also turned out to like some aspect of the male body.

If this is true, how come its so hard to find a boyfriend?? There's so many people willing experiment, but people keep silent because of fears about masculinity, acceptance, etc. This is just my experience so far. What do you think about this (And if you know a way I can discreetly find a boyfriend in my area, that would be nice too. ;> ).

------------------
"E-I-E-I-O" is actually a drastic misspelling of the word "farm."

Posts: 1 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CuriouS GeorgE
Activist
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriouS GeorgE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manhunter, I totally understand where you are coming from. I posted "Confused!!" in the GLBT relationships board and I have the same question you did about finding someone. Maybe some people are like me, and only want a sexual relationship with someone of the same sex and don't want a commitment or attatchment. Know what I mean? I don't know about where you live, but where I live, there are a lot of people who don't accept gay, lesbian, or bi people yet, and that's why I'm not telling everybody, because I don't want to get made fun of for the rest of my high school career. Then again, maybe some people feel that their sexuality is a very personal thing, and don't think the whole world needs to know about their personal business, right? As someone pointed out to me, if you're not going to tell everyone, how are they going to know you're gay/bi and looking for someone else? Maybe you do know someone out there who's interested in the same thing you are, but they just won't say anything in fear of getting made fun of, etc. I can't help you with where to find a male partner because as you know, I'm having the same problem, I just wanted to show you some reasons why you can't find anybody. You should read my post entitled "Confused!!" There is a lot of information in there from the experts you may find useful!!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it comes to finding a girl/boyfriend, the only advice I can give (and you're not gonna like it) is be patient. I totally know where you're coming from. Being gay or lesbian can make it seem impossible to find someone, but so can other things (e.g. low self esteem, disabilities...) so you're not alone. For me, it's really gotten easier as I've gotten older (I'm only 19, so I'm not that old or anything, but people seem to be more accepting and open minded than they were in high school).

In the mean time, try going to gay youth meetings if there are any in your area, or finding friends to talk to on the internet (be careful). And if you're too shy... write lurid tales of gay love in your journal.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.