Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » boy?/girl? dreams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: boy?/girl? dreams
StarlitCAT
Neophyte
Member # 2766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitCAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am person that belives in dreams to a certain extent b/c they are always (when i remember what i dreamed) are based on real life incidents and are shocking.. anyway.. I had a couple of dreams that i remember that were involved with me kissing or having some really light 'interaction' (affection) with my good freinds that i know and like a lot (girls) .. does this say anything?? i mean i also had some dreams with guys in them .. but all the time, my "connection" with them was really distant.. well .. hmm any coments on this??

btw is there are website that can enterpret what u dream?..

Posts: 38 | From: NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A quick google search leads me to believe www.dreamdoctor.com is a decent website for dream interpretation, and I, to be perfectly earnest, have no I idea what your dreams mean--so I don't think a website that hasn't read your post will be able to. Maybe it is just my lack of intelligence making itself apparent.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many psychologists have tried to figure out exactly what dreams are and, of what I've read, they've come to this conclusion:

Dreams are your unconscience making a statement about events that happened in the day. Your conscience rules out certain thoughts, because of the fact that they may seem impossible or incorrect according to you or society. Just like when you're trying to think of a way to avoid a bully at school, you don't think of sneaking into his room at night and murdering him, because #1 you have always been taught that murder is wrong and #2 you probably wouldn't be able to pull it off, so your consceince imediately blocks out that solution. (And I am NOT, by any means, suggesting that anyone should just go out and kill someone that they don't like.)

But in your dreams, your unconscience is able to get it's thoughts through. (That's why you may wake up with a solution to your problem... Because your unconscience was working on it while you were asleep, and it may have brought up something that your conscience skipped over.)

Now this may or may not have anything to do with your dream, because some psychologists simply think your dreams are a collection of the days events that have no special meaning at all. If you think you really DO have sexual feelings for someone of the same sex, you can always explore your feelings. It may just be a simple attraction that means nothing, or it may lead into the fact that you're bisexual.

Good luck with your journey .

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable_me16
Neophyte
Member # 3931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveable_me16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a lot of dreams about being with one of my best girl friends I don't know if it is because we are so close and talk about everything and do everything together but on a number of occations i have drempt of us in a sexual situation which on waking up has left me very, how to say this nicely hot and sticky. I have often wondered what it would be like but im not sure if i would have the nurve to act out my dream.

------------------
I am who I am

Posts: 25 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.