Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » am I a lesbian or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am I a lesbian or not?
ladicleo3
Neophyte
Member # 8256

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ladicleo3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I went out on a date with one of my friends (who is a guy) and he held my hand during the movie we went to see and I felt nothing I didnt want him touching me and I felt different. When Im around some of my friends (who are girls) I think there hot and they are. But im more attrcted to females then I am males, but I have had more boyfriends then girlfriends (I have had no girlfriends). I dont know what to do Im sooo confused.
Posts: 3 | From: Picture rocks Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, you're the only one who can decide if you're a lesbian. Your sexual orientation is about who you're attracted to, not the number of boyfriends or girlfriends you've had.

The fact that you didn't want to be touched by this one guy doesn't mean much - maybe you aren't attracted to guys, or maybe you just weren't attracted to this particular guy. You're the only one who can tell if you have sexual feelings towards men, women or both (remember, it's perfectly possible to be attracted to both women and men - that's why we have the word "bisexual").

And it's okay to be confused - give yourself time to figure out what you feel. You don't have to pin a label on yourself if you're not sure what fits. You can just go with the flow and see who you're attracted to and who you want to be sexual with.

It's not like you have to make a snap decision today and then the Sexual Orientation Police will come and arrest you if you ever change your mind or feel attracted to someone of the "wrong" sex .

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 05-18-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.