Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Am I bisexual, or was I subliminally brainwashed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I bisexual, or was I subliminally brainwashed?
UpTowN_DiamonD
Neophyte
Member # 8393

Icon 5 posted      Profile for UpTowN_DiamonD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... I'm 18 going on 19 in like a month and I recently visited my old highschool. I was approached by one of my friends who happened to be a freshman when I was a senior and found out that she was bisexual. She told me that she had been attracted to me and is more attracted then ever. She went on to tell me what she'd like to do to me and asked if i was bi too. I told her I wasnt but confessed of being "bi-curious" as I call it and I always had thoughts of it but never ever acted on it. I also told her that none of our mutual friends knew this and think I'm somewhat homophobic when it comes to other females hitting on me. Well my problem is that this little sophomore has sparked a big curiosity in me and now I want to "try" this whole girl thing out. Im still in love with the male gender, I just want to see if i can have the same experience with the female gender. I know this is normal and all that hub-bub but Im kinda lost on this one. If it were someone else Id be totally supportive but I have no straight friends who are willing to do that and all of my bi friends will try to push me too much. I just need to find a common ground to help me with my dilemma... Dang. Being a young adult sucks. Can you help me?
Posts: 1 | From: Bronx | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let me start off by saying that at one time or another, everybody is curious about members of the same sex. (Ok maybe not everybody- maybe like 99.9% of people.)
And of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with actually BEING bisexual. But just because you've thought about it or are curious doesn't make you bisexual.

Having said that; if there's somebody that you feel comfortable trying this out with, and you don't have ANY second thoughts or doubts about it, then go ahead! This is a good time of your life to try new things and establish who you are as a person, and more specifically, as a sexual being. Kinda like
"try before you buy". Haha. If you decide to do this, and you like it, then great! And if you don't, well you don't have to do it again. I'm always the one to say though that I'd rather have fun and try new things, and even if I have regrets about it afterwards, it's not as bad as the regret you have when you had the opportunity to do something and you didn't do it.

Again, DON'T do it if you don't feel 100% sure that you're ready for this, and if you don't feel 100% comfortable with the person you'd be doing it with. And you still need to have protection and all that- so go out and get tested, and have your partner get tested, and then you're good to go!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please consider age of consent laws before moving too much farther. No need to wind up in a messy situation like that.

The Orientation and Identity FAQs may also help clear some things up for you.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.