Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Straight boys fear me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Straight boys fear me?
almightyoverlord12
Neophyte
Member # 110395

Icon 9 posted      Profile for almightyoverlord12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, so here is the thing, I go to a pretty uptight catholic school and being a pansexual I can come along some pretty interesting things. Such as a fact of a huge group of obnoxious freshman boys that are terrified of me. One of them even when as far as to jump across the room when I accidentally bumped into him. I normally just laugh it off at their lack of knowledge and fear, but recently it has been getting to me. It makes me feel like I'm some sort of hideous monster who will infect you if you just carelessly glance into their eyes. My religion teacher even stated that homosexuality was a disease (i'm not religious to clarify its forced on me) that the church can cure. I just don't want to feel like some sort of messed up sick monster anymore, i'm sick of ignoring it and laughing it off anymore. Why do they fear me ? Don't they know i'm just as scared as they are?

--------------------
-Surrender to the void

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, almightyoverlord. That last sentence there is heartbreak. [Frown]

It really stinks to feel this isolated, and this behaviour very much sounds like a kind of harassment.

How would you like to try and address it? Would you like to try and talk with them, feel more comfortable talking to a teacher abiut it (obviously not one like that religion teacher, ugh), asking friends to back you up....?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
almightyoverlord12
Neophyte
Member # 110395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for almightyoverlord12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few friends that back me up on it and others are supportive, but most just ignore it. Being in a strict catholic school makes it really difficult to find a teacher that isn't homophobic so I try not to talk to a lot of them. I've tried to talk to one of the guys but they're all just extremely misinformed and blinded by fake stereotypes

--------------------
-Surrender to the void

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. So, let's try this: in your ideal world, what would you like to do to address this or try to?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
almightyoverlord12
Neophyte
Member # 110395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for almightyoverlord12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure , I don't really know what to do in this situation

--------------------
-Surrender to the void

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.