Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Coming out (if only in very small way)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming out (if only in very small way)
Pilgrim White
Neophyte
Member # 107563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pilgrim White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the longest time I have identified as a cis-male, but the more I think about it and the more I read and learn about what cis-male and masculine expression is, it doesn't sound like me. I'm not competitive, I hate typical "bro" stuff (yet I wouldn't make a very good metro) and I'm much more comfortable just being "me", not a man, woman, or any other gender...

Which is why I've decided to identify as genderqueer.

I want to wear what I like, regardless of what gender expression it was designed for. I want to want to wear nail polish, but I'll keep my beard, thank you very much.

*deep breath*

I'm done... For now...

--------------------
On a journey for justice...

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov to whoever you are, whoever your you is, and however you want to classify your gender, including if you don't! [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pilgrim!

I'm also a beard-having, nail-polish-wearing, mostly-genderqueer-identifying person. Howdy!
I don't come at this from the cisgendered side of things, but I'm always happy to talk about queering masculinity and assorted stuff like that if you ever want to. =)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.