Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Is this inappropriate??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this inappropriate??
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 5 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so theres this girl from ig in illinois
Yesterday i texted her cause i was bored
We have a lot in common, we r both bi, we both cut, none of our parent know any of that, and so yesterday she asked me out
I said i dont see why not so now shes kinda my gf
Heres the issue
Shes 12 and im 16
Ive made it clear im not sexually attracted to her and that i dont want to make her uncomfortable or be accused of anything
Should i call it off with her or how can i be careful not to be seen as a pedophile??
Help [Frown]

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah Is A Bear
Neophyte
Member # 105659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah Is A Bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't sound like you're very interested in dating her right now. You seem to have a lot in common with her and think she's cool, but you seem to be very aware that she is too young for you.

And yes, she is too young for you. Since you're from different states, there is a whole bunch of potential federal legal tangles you could get into while even just dating her. You don't want to go there.

So for right now, yes, you should call off dating her. I know it might be hard since it sounds like she has a crush on you, but you really need to assert that dating isn't appropriate for you both at this point. You can still be friends and text, of course! It sounds like you have shared experiences and find each other supportive, but you don't have to date to keep in contact with each other and dating isn't safe for either of you.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thanx [Big Grin]

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I called it off and tried to let her down gently but she was all "i actually loved u" blah blah but i guess thats normal
I cant be uncomfortable though

--------------------

Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi That Strang CT child,

I think you did the right thing. You definitely don't want to stay in a relationship that is making you uncomfortable. I think maybe her reaction speaks to her age and understanding too.

Maybe once she gets over being hurt you two can have a friendship or since you are quite a bit older maybe you can be someone she goes to for guidance. [Smile]

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Shes trying to get over it
I wanna tell her shes too young to understand but i dont wanna make her fewl insignificant somehow

--------------------

Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think your right, that might make her feel insignificant. A lot of times it just takes a little time. She may be feeling a little embarrassed too. It sounds like you want to comfort her so she's not hurting and that's very kind of you but the best thing may be to give her a little space. What do you think?

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

I last texted her like an hour ago
Im leavin her alone for a few days

--------------------

That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

She initiated normal convo with me so im textin back and forth just normal stuff abt music with her

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.