Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » long distance relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long distance relationship
rextx
Neophyte
Member # 96075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rextx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont guess its really not that big of a distance, but its not the same as where we started out. i had to switch schools, and so i dont even live in the same town anymore. my boyfriend seems a bit more upset than i thought hed be at the arrangment. i dont really know how to do the long distance thing but i dont wanna lose him just because i switched schools. what can i do to make it easier? i get to go back every now and then, buts its not for very long, and its never good timing.

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adjusting to a long-distance relationship can definitely be difficult, but if you've both decided that you do want to keep this relationship going, regular communication is really important. (Communication is obviously important in any relationship, but the long-distance factor makes it even more key, in my mind.)

Do the two of you email? Text? Have regular phone calls? One thing I've discovered - most of my current 6-year relationship has been long-distance - is that scheduling phone conversations can be a big help. Sending little care packages in the mail every once in awhile is fun too. Visits are always good as well; you've been to visit him, but what about finding a time for him to come visit you?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5763 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rextx
Neophyte
Member # 96075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rextx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he said he did, and weve been friends for a really long time so either way i think we wouldve kept in touch. part of the problem is though that ours is limited. my grandparents wouldnt approve of him visiting, and hes a bit more busier than me after school so its hard to have an actual talk then. its mostly just text and emails, and we both get frustrated. i might ry the care package thing, i like that.

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.