Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » partner might be intersex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: partner might be intersex?
audreytoo
Activist
Member # 58116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for audreytoo         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been dating a person who identifies as a butch lesbian, and we recently had sex for the first time.

It looks as though she might be intersex, although I don't know for sure because she didn't mention it and I'm certainly not a doctor. I care about her and am attracted to her either way, but I guess I don't know how to bring this up in a way that is the most respectful and least awkward.

To be more specific - her clitoris looks like a small penis. She does have a vaginal opening behind it. Again, totally cool with me, although not what I was expecting so I have no idea how to react. Is it better to just not say anything? Are the STI risks the same as with a person who is not intersex?

(Note that she uses female pronouns and is not taking testosterone or steroids.)

Posts: 77 | From: U.S. | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI audreytoo,

There is a lot of variability in the human body, so it would be difficult to say whether your partner is intersex or not without her being examined by a doctor and undergoing tests.

What do you feel you would gain from talking to her about what you noticed about her genitals?

And no, STI risks are no different.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.