Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I need some big time advice \;

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some big time advice \;
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. See, this girl I told you about that I asked out and she said no, well I'm thinking about just being friends, or at least friendly with her. I'm too nervous to even say a word. I have a chance to talk to her on chat, but I back out of it b/c I get worried that she might say harsh stuff to me. I mean, it is good to take risk once in a while. I don't even know what to say. I don't know if she still thinks of me as a friend the way she thought before I asked her out. If she just thinks of me less as a friend but still a friend, thats okay. I'm just too scared to open my mouth. I did accept that she's not interested in intimacy with me. I just wanna know what she thinks about being friends with me instead. What should I do?

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes in situations like this, where an almost-dating thing happens but doesn't, and you want to get back to being friends -- or at least put that out there -- you've just got to get rid of the elephant in the room.

In other words, you can say something like, "Hey, I hope we can get over any awkward feelings about the date-that-didn't-happen. If you can, I sure can, and if you're interested, I'm still really interested in being friends. What do you think?"

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Heather, that place that I met that girl had an outing. I went there, and we saw each other. She was happy to see me and so she hugged me and said, "OMG! I missed you! What the hell!" And she hugged me first. So at least now I know she still wants to be my friend.

Oh, and I didn't bring up anything about dating. Neither of us brought it up. At least she still treats me the way she treated me b4 I asked her out.

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear things went well Ste-funnie [Smile] .

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.