Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Drama...help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Drama...help...
ShanShan
Neophyte
Member # 49994

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ShanShan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It started last night. I was rehearsing for the school musical with my friends and me and my friend Mackenzie (he is a guy) got "married" (in my school everyone who is really good friends get married and pretend and stuff like that). He is totally straight and a senior, and he and I are great friends. So we all went to my friend Bethany's house after rehearsal and waited because we were going to the bowling alley. He wanted me to ride with him, but I rode with Bethany because my om told me too. But then he and I rode to the bowling alley together and he asked me if I wanted to touch him.

I was a freshman, who had never kissed anyone and I had always liked him a little bit, so I said we should kiss and he told he'd never kissed anyone (which is really true)and that this would only be practice. I nodded and he took his car and his behind a building and we kissed once, and he thought that I was disappointed or something and he kissed me again. Then we went to the bowling alley.

So he drove me home, and we talked a little bit and he asked me what was wrong. The truth was that he thought the kiss was just practice for the real thing but for some reason, even though we agreed it wouldn't mean anything it did. So I talked to him on facebook and he said that he liked me but can't go out with me because he is straight. Now I am sad, and I don't know what to do. Should I yell or scream at him? Should I embarrass him (this is a secret) by telling everyone? Or should I try to be the bigger person.

Help...

--------------------
I have a wonderful bunch of coconuts.

Posts: 28 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that it sounds like your feelings were hurt and I am sorry about that. I can understand your wanting to scream and shout too and there nothing wrong with those feelings. I have to be honest with you though, you need to remember that you knew he was straight and that the kiss was only meant to be a practice one. With this in mind, I do not see any reason to do anything to him just because you ended up hurt. Unfortunately this should be just considered one of life’s lessons. I truly hope that find someone soon that is looking for a relationship. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShanShan
Neophyte
Member # 49994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShanShan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is more too it that I didn't want to add. I talked to him about later that night and he said that he really liked me. Thats the main reason I am hurt, because he said that he liked me and he said that he can't do anything more because he's (straight)

--------------------
I have a wonderful bunch of coconuts.

Posts: 28 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am hearing you correctly, you are saying that he likes you in a more intimate way. I can understand your hurt even more. Not that it should change how you feel about what happened, but there may be a possibility that he might be still confused about how he needs to deal with his feelings. I can not speak for him; I just wanted to make you aware of the possibility. The main point still remains that you both agreed the kiss wasn’t intended to mean anything and he made you aware that, for his own reasons, he could not do anything further. Once again, I am not intending to lessen your feelings! It unfortunately just didn’t turn out the way you would have liked it to.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.