Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Is there a way to tell if I'm bisexual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a way to tell if I'm bisexual?
Dragontamer
Neophyte
Member # 41051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragontamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is perhaps a hard-to-answer question, but i wanted to know what you thought.[I'm a girl btw]

Is there a way to know if you're actually bisexual, as opposed to hetrosexual with bi fantasies or whatever?

What got me thinking was that, when I fantasise to masterbate or whatever, girls are present as much as guys, and it's usually the girls that get me 'in the mood', but when it comes to photographs or real life people it's usually guys who I like or see as sexy.

I certainly see girls as attractive, as well as guys, but I never really have an emotional link with girls in so much as I wnat to go out with them or imagine a relationship with them. The idea of lesbian sex doesn't turn me on either.

I assume that since I don't view women as something I want for a relationship, I'm not bi. But i've no idea how you really tell.
Is it just normal sexuality for a hetrosexual to have sexual feeings for both genders in one way or another even if they're not bisexual?

Thanks for the help

Posts: 18 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is actually perfectly normal to have same-sex fantasies, but not be interested in the same sex in real life. Our fantasies are just that: fantasies. We often fantasize about things we aren't interested in actually carrying out in real life.

So, fantasizing about girls when you masturbate says nothing about your sexuality.

[ 03-18-2009, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.