Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » hurts during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hurts during sex
Mint_Imperials_88
Neophyte
Member # 38292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint_Imperials_88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right so lately me and my girlfriend have been really active in the bedroom department, but we see eachother like every 3 days and stuff and we end up havin sex all the time.
i love it so much, but latley she has been making me bleed, and its sore down there, i dont want her to stop because im worried she might not be in the mood afterwards, so i just carry on.
can you tell me why i have started to bleed and why it is starting to hurt, and what should i do.?

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluejumprope
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 40774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluejumprope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Often pain/bleeding with entry has to do with not being sufficiently aroused or not using enough lubricant. But it could also be a sign of an infection or other condition. Have you had a sexual health exam recently?

Do you feel less aroused when you're having sex than you did before the bleeding and pain started? In other words, when the pain is happening are you really aroused and desiring entry?

If so, are her nails cut short and smooth or is she wearing a latex glove? Does it feel like she's scratching you? Does it feel like you're using enough lube?

Sex shouldn't be painful. If something starts to hurt, the thing to do is stop. Can you talk to your girlfriend about your concerns about stopping? It might be helpful to imagine if you were in her position. If she was having the sort of pain you are, wouldn't you want to know about it and do things differently so it just felt good?

These articles have a lot of good info:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
without tenderness, we are in hell. -Adrienne Rich

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.