Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » crushing!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crushing!
kristintaylor
Neophyte
Member # 39023

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kristintaylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a PFLAG meeting tonight and they split up the adults and the teens, so the teen section was small, just 5 of us, 2 guys and 2 other girls. We all had a lot of fun together, but one of the girls was just awesome! She was adorable and we almost finished each other's sentences, complaining about immature friends, we both kept saying "Oh my god, you do that? Me too!", we were totally alike, it was just great and we exchanged emails and we're friends on facebook now, but I have no idea how to approach this situation, I've never asked anyone out or anything and since we don't go to school together or anything...I'm so confused, but I'm really excited about meeting someone I like. =) How do I approach this?

--------------------
Vote for Equality, Vote No on Prop 8.

I'm volunteering with the campaign, join in at http://noonprop8.com

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can certainly start by just getting together without necessarily making it about romance.

In other words, it's generally a good idea to spend a little more time with someone to get to know them better, and they you, and see if that chemistry is even there between you, and if she's interested in dating at all.

So, why not just ask if she wants to hang out sometime? That can be having lunch or coffee, seeing a movie, going to a museum or some kind of show, or even just taking a walk in one of your favorite places? If you don't make the invite loaded, it's pretty easy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kristintaylor
Neophyte
Member # 39023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kristintaylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This afternoon, I sent her a message on Facebook and asked if she wanted to go and see a movie and she said yes! So, I'm looking forward to it, I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions! =)

--------------------
Vote for Equality, Vote No on Prop 8.

I'm volunteering with the campaign, join in at http://noonprop8.com

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.