Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: relationships
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 3 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i recently ended a relationship(just didnt work out)ok so i met this girl who i am deeply attracted to.not just looks but as a person.so we had talked and i found out that she was bi-,we started hanging out and i had went over her house and talked and shared our feelings when things started to get going.we kissed made out but when things sarted to go further she just frozed i talked to her and she says that she just dont really know what she want or who she really want to be with.how can i make things better.how can i ensure her that things is going to be ok.that this is right?i dont want to force her but i just want her to know and love me the way i love her...
Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could back off on the pressure, and give her time and space to get comfortable and/or get more comfortable. Maybe she hasn't totally accepted herself in terms of attraction to females or isn't sure she's actually attracted to women, maybe she just needs time to get to know you better and open up to you, maybe this relationship just isn't one where she'll be comfortable. Or a bunch of other reasons.

I know you really care for and about your friend and want her to reciprociate your feelings. But it just doesn't always work out, which sucks but that's life. And society's stigma adds an extra burden for queer people to work through, especially when they are young and still figuring stuff out.

However, this is (hopefully) jumping the gun way too early and she just needs some time. Just be patient and respectful of her wishes. And don't forget your own well-being, such as if you start to feel yourself getting worn down by all this.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 3 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea thanks for the advice it really made me think,i was like her when i had my first "date" with a girl. i needed some time and so does she thanks for the great advice.
Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.