Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » what do I do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do I do?
BelleMorte
Activist
Member # 27890

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BelleMorte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m bisexual, and this year I developed a crush on the girl who sits next to me in Biology. I’ve been friends with her for a while, but just recently I started having feelings for her. She is really smart, funny, and always easy to talk to. Well, I don’t know what her sexual orientation is, but I sort of have the feeling that she reciprocates my feelings. I don’t know though, it might just be wishful thinking…

We always joke around, and talk during Biology, it’s now one of the classes that I look forward to the most. I really enjoy our friendship, and I don’t want to make things awkward, but it’s just killing me to hold my feelings in.

--------------------
"Ne donne un baiser, ma mie, que la bague au doigt" -Méphistophélès from Faust (Don't give a kiss, my sweetheart, until the ring is on your finger)

Posts: 44 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good that you acknowledge your attraction while also realizing she could be straight or not interested. And that you don't want to loose the friendship. But I do hope she reciprocates your feelings, of course!

Can you think of little signs that show your orientation that could also gauge her reaction? Like a little rainbow pin or Human Rights Campaign sticker (or whatever organization you're into), or something more blatant like asking your table if they know when the school GSA/LGBTQSU is meeting this week... Or just chatting about weekend plans, i.e. if she has a boyfriend or a girl friend who may actually be a girlfriend.

Yeah, as if "heterosexual" crushes weren't hard enough, this adds a whole new element of difficulty! But definitely see how things go and enjoy the crush. [Smile]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelleMorte
Activist
Member # 27890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I feel really stupid for asking this, but what is LGBTQSU? I know GSA is Gay/Straight Alliance, but what's that?

quote:
Yeah, as if "heterosexual" crushes weren't hard enough, this adds a whole new element of difficulty! But definitely see how things go and enjoy the crush.
I know exactly what you mean!

--------------------
"Ne donne un baiser, ma mie, que la bague au doigt" -Méphistophélès from Faust (Don't give a kiss, my sweetheart, until the ring is on your finger)

Posts: 44 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no stupid questions. (so said my 7th grade math teacher & I still believe him).

Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender/Queer Student Union

You might want to attend their meetings anyway, to get more advice on how to approach others for potential relationships. You'll be able to make a few friends and have 'em around for support.

[ 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: kitka ]

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelleMorte
Activist
Member # 27890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BelleMorte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, now that you say it, it's so blatantly obvious...

I'm going to probably start attending my schools GSA. I don't think we have a LGBTQSU.

--------------------

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! In addition to how kitka defined LGBTQSU, sometimes the "Q" stands for "questioning" and often the "S" also stands for "straight." Some groups are called GSAs, others LGBTQSU (and then if you add PFLAG, etc. etc. [Smile] )

Definitely start going, or at least check it out! The people are usually really friendly and nice... and won't demand you label yourself or share your crush and relationship history from the past 5 years or anything. [Wink]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.