Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » A dike friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A dike friend
FCUKINSTAR05
Neophyte
Member # 25437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FCUKINSTAR05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend that is a dike. Me and her jus became friends. I always be joking around with my other frinds like all friends do. But when I joke around with her I dont know if she think Im flirtin with her or not. But she always going to be my frind but is it jus me or she might really be flirtin wit me.
Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This situation is like many you have posted about. We don't have a window into your life. We don't know what people do or how people act towards you. We cannot see or hear any of these things, so we cannot make a judgement. We can't even guess. Yes, she may no flirting with you, or no, she may not be. We just don't know.

Please, if you have a question that does not ask us to base a personal opinion without facts or evidence, don't ask it here. You are more than welcome to ask questions, but ones like this are getting old.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In all likelyhood, she's just being friendly. In a friends-and-nothing-more type of way. But from the little information you've posted, there's no way to tell. I'd advise you just not to worry about it.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blink
Activist
Member # 18892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just wondering... is there a reason you're choosing the word "dike" to describe your friend? Is it a word she uses to identify her sexuality, or did you choose it for some reason to describe her?
Posts: 106 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FCUKINSTAR05
Neophyte
Member # 25437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FCUKINSTAR05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where i live girls like her are called dikes and yes dats what she calls her self or she considers herself a boy
quote:
Originally posted by Blink:
I'm just wondering... is there a reason you're choosing the word "dike" to describe your friend? Is it a word she uses to identify her sexuality, or did you choose it for some reason to describe her?

Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually, it's "dyke."

A "dike" is a geological rock formation. "Dyke" is how some women sexually identify, usually lesbian or bisexual women.

That may be part of why that question was asked.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.