Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advice
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 7 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i broke up with my boyfriend and am procuing a relationship with this girl.we were friends to begin with and ready to go out we talk about us and our feelings and all that stuff...so we hung out and we ended up kissing which totally caught me off gaurd so while we was kissing my ex came by and saw us he tottally flipped out.
so next day he started a whole rumor.and my friend(girl)was like just let it go and i did for a while untill some people start believing that i was gay...
the thing is i like boys and i might like girls to...ok i do like girls so why am i so scared for everyone to know?

i just need some advice thanks sorry its long.

Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I can relate to your situation-- it happened to me back when I was in high school.

quote:
the thing is i like boys and i might like girls to...ok i do like girls so why am i so scared for everyone to know?
Because your exboyfriend is spreading rumors that, regardless of the subject, are not nice. As you said, you indeed might be interested in girls. But you are wanting to figure that out on your own, private time, not in the public eye. He is most likely saying stuff because he's trying to cover his a** emotionally. Instead of seeing things as, "the relationship ended because it wasn't working," the mature thing, he's trying to make himself look and feel better by publicly saying stuff. And regardless of his opinions, keeping them private is also adult thing.

As for what to do? I would confront him (in a public place, with friends for back-up) and tell him he's being very disrespectful and unkind. That regardless of your orientation, he's just purposely trying to make you look bad, and that you wouldn't do that to him.

When your friends hear people discussing such rumors, you and they can just be like, "isn't that a private subject?" and such. I know it's easier said than done but try to ignore them as best you can. Because, chances are, people are just bored (or even questioning their own sexuality and can relate to the meanness of it), and the rumor will fade as newer, juicer ones come about.

Good luck with stuff, and I hope things go well with your friend.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omegia
Neophyte
Member # 26684

Icon 10 posted      Profile for omegia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the advice and it helped alot i will confront him.
Posts: 26 | From: baltimore,maryland,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.