Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » So there's this girl...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So there's this girl...
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there's this girl I like. But there's also this guy I like. And they look so incredibly similar to each other it's like they're twins... except the girl is four years older than the guy and they're not at all related. But anyways, I've had a crush on the girl for about a year and a half and I only recently started liking the guy. I'm a little bit perplexed because I don't know if I like him just because he looks like her or if I actually like him for himself. And I'd sort of like to talk to him, but we're from TOTALLY different groups of friends and don't really interact with each other on a day-to-day basis. Plus he's rather homophobic... But he's really hot... Anywho, that's my latest relationship woe. Anyone else care to share?
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britsblox
Neophyte
Member # 25351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for britsblox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BiGoddess,

I am a filmmaker (age 24) living in NYC, co-directing the first-ever feature-length documentary on bisexuality in America. We will be focusing on bisexual youth and the rise of the phenomenon amongst middle school, high school, and college kids across the country. This documentary will likely air on HBO or be released in movie theaters in 2007.

This movie, entitled BI THE WAY will trace the roots, transformations, and "comings out" of bisexuality in American culture and respond to the recent scientific studies and newspaper articles that have been interrogating the existence of bisexuality--through a roadtrip-style anthropological/pop-cultural exploration of the phenomenon. We will be interviewing/following as many diverse people as possible that we meet on the road, along with academics (Kinsey Institute people, the biographer of Anais Nin and Simone de Beauvoir), musicians (Ani Difranco, Michael Stipe, Sophie B. Hawkins), celebrities (potentially Angelina Jolie and David Bowie), politicians (Michael Huffington), filmmakers (Gus Van Zant, John Cameron Mitchell, and Charlie Kaufman), religious fanatics, psychiatrists, researchers, sexologists, etc. We will be focusing on three or four personal stories as well---and that is where you come in.

I hope you will consider being in this important and potentially influential movie. Please email me a bit about yourself (where you live, age, relationships, interests, etc) if you are interested. Any info provided is strictly confidential and if you're having concerns about others seeing your story, remember that it won't air until 2007.

And please pass this info along to anyone else you know who might be interested!

Hope to hear from you!
Brit

(edited because contact info is not allowed on the boards for every user's safety)

[This message has been edited by Slayer_gurl (edited 09-24-2005).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although my interest is certainly piqued, I do have some reserves about giving out info online... Call me paranoid, but I suppose it means my mum's trained me well, eh? I'll definetly think about it though, I'm highly intrigued by the idea.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how this was left up so long, but contact info is not allowed on Scarleteen for the safety of all users.
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.