Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » coming out and getting a gf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coming out and getting a gf
konfuzed1989
Neophyte
Member # 23495

Icon 5 posted      Profile for konfuzed1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I go about telling my mother and friends that I am a bisexual leaning more towards females? and how do I go about meeting other lesbians and gettinga girlfriend?

aim: {As noted below, posting emails or other contact info is a big no-no!}

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 05-20-2005).]

Posts: 1 | From: Bronx | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 10 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kunfused, you need to take your AIM screen name/email out of your post. It's against Scarleteen guidelines, which you agreed to when you signed up for a handle.
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
volleyball_luver_2080
Neophyte
Member # 23682

Icon 12 posted      Profile for volleyball_luver_2080     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi i was in your postion about 3 months ago and only got half way out and what i relized about friends is that if they are true friends they will understand whats going on and then support you through all of your troubles but you need to give them some time to let it sink in to there heads. i still have all of my friends that i told. now my parents have no idea that i am the way i am but my sister and all her friends do and they told me not to tell my mom but it is really hard to keep such a secret for such a long time so i have decided after writting all this to you is that they should understand and if they dont you get to go through therapy to try and get you to change but what you need to do is sit them down and tell them i have something i need to get off my chest and then just tell them but make sure it is the right time to tell them because if it is not then you will get a bad reaction and you dont want that and remeber just like your friends you need to give them time to let it sink into there heads to.

i hope i helped ket me know how it works out and ill try to do the same bye.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HippeeRokCHick
Neophyte
Member # 25027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HippeeRokCHick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't know how to tell my mom either. I like to write songs, so one day I just started writing. The words came spilling out of my head. I didn't even know it, but it was perfect to show my mom. I wrote it up neatly, and laid it on her pillow. I went to bed, and the next thing I know, my mom is sitting on my bed at 6 in the morning. I sat up and the first thing she did was give me a hug. We talked about it for a long time, she said she wasn't suprised and that she actually suspected it a while back. (I am especially close to my girl friends, not in that way but it made her wonder). So now I have come out to my mom and my best friend, and I don't want to tell anyone else for now. You don't have to tell anyone you don't want to. Tell someone you know you trust and will stick by you. Just flat out tell them. My best friend was cool about it. Her aunt is gay so she was used to it. Hope this helped.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.